AFL Player #31: Zach Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Please. Tex hasn’t got a shred of the talent Zach possesses. The Key Position factor just adds to his value. I’d like to persist with both but if our hand is forced Tex goes well before Zach who gets at least 2 or 3 more to get himself right.
I didn't compare them talent wise, just how both seem to have wrecked bodies.

Tex , for mine, probably is our most talented small. I'm not sure if he makes it and if so that means a forward or back pocket.

But yes, I would be delisting Tex before Zach.

200+cm KPD who moves really well, reads the play well, kicks well, and can even handle the ball at ground level well. Has no apparent attitude issues.

No chance he's let go just yet. We'd want to be really sure his body is cooked before we give up there. Plenty of KPD's take time, McGovern took 4 years on the Eagles list before even debuting.

200+cm KPD who moves really well, reads the play well, kicks well, and can even handle the ball at ground level well. Has no apparent attitude issues.

No chance he's let go just yet. We'd want to be really sure his body is cooked before we give up there. Plenty of KPD's take time, McGovern took 4 years on the Eagles list before even debuting.
Agree. Too early to cut him loose.

Do we know his contract? If it ends this year, I hope they only give him one year. Between he, Baldwin, Weideman and Hayes, that’s four KPD’s that don’t play AFL clogging up the list.

Wow, 3 years - they obviously think a lot of him. As much as he needs game time, I hope they don’t try and rush him back for the end of the year. Just put him on ice, have him fit and fresh to start next pre-season

He tore his pec, in no world he plays this year.

Reid is so far away from being delisted it’s not even funny. Scott clearly rates him. He’s just had some bad luck.

There's 'some bad luck' and then there's 'Zac Reid clearly stole the Tiki from the Volcano/opened the tomb door/didn't put that fkng Chachapoyan Fertility Idol back on the altar' bad luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, 3 years - they obviously think a lot of him. As much as he needs game time, I hope they don’t try and rush him back for the end of the year. Just put him on ice, have him fit and fresh to start next pre-season
Reckon you could find a post from last year almost verbatim.

AGAIN. Another year of hope. IF only. IF we can get him healthy. IF he has some luck.IF,IF,IF.

Has anyone laid eyes on this guy since the surgery? Was he back running and/or training by the end of the year? Ready for preseason day 1?

Pat Cummins is an example of what’s possible and why you persist with high end talent -

A series of stress fractures in his back resulted in a 1,946-day gap between his first Test and his second against India in Ranchi in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #31: Zach Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back