Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy!!!!!

Little is either a genius or completely out of his depth.
"Mr Demetriou and the AFL should recuse themselves from any hearing of this case because of the conflict of interest that has been created by the AFL’s involvement in the process." James Hird

Deluded.

Essendon are going to argue that; had the afl released the information it had in febuary that all this could have been avoided. Essendon are going to say that the AFLs actions have brought the game into disrepute not theirs.

The AFL are going to argue that; It was Essendons supplement program that brought the game into disrepute. Thats Essendons desire to win was placed above the importance of fair play and hard work and the club has shown values which are in contrast to that of the AFL.

My opinion is that Essendon have used a drug AOD9605 which has had no testing as to whether it is performance enhancing but is hotly rumoured to be. They are trying to beat the doping code by being cutting edge and using drugs before they are banned.

This will end up in court. This will be a long and drawn out affair. This is killing our game. This is sad.

Spot on.
What a bunch of complete morons.

The fact Hird has been self administering is utterly mind boggling. After last weeks episode when the Mexican supplements were just lying around waiting for a spike is even more staggering.

Given it's a caring sharing club, I'd be off for a HepC/HiV test in around 0.001 seconds flat.

The fact Hird has been self administering is utterly mind boggling. After last weeks episode when the Mexican supplements were just lying around waiting for a spike is even more staggering.

Given it's a caring sharing club, I'd be off for a HepC/HiV test in around 0.001 seconds flat.

afl clubs are STD heaven so I wouldn't be surprised

THIS should have been the drinking contest.

Drink every time Essendon claims that AOD is legal
Drink every time Hird brushes his hair back
Drink every time Essendon supporter deflect
Drink every time Charter says Hird is a great bloke

DEAD.

Drink every time Hird draws a line of coke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm loving every moment of this!!!

I was loving it, but now I'm not so sure.

This game is spiraling out of control and I feel my enjoyment being sapped for the off-field incompetence and also the controversies which continue to present themselves.

The feeling I have now towards this whole saga can best be described as sadness. I feel sad that the body which governs this sport shows time and time again that they are not fit to do so.

I feel sad that some people are happy to drag down the sport we love and are so passionate about in a desperate attempt to save their reputation, or what remains of it.

I feel sad that unfortunately this sport, not just the Essendon Football Club, now has an asterisk next to it indicating that some within believe it to be acceptable to use substances to at least push the boundaries, if not break the rules.

I feel sad that the moral high ground I once proudly took as a supporter of this great sport to demonstrate its superiority over substance ridden 'sports' including cycling, athletics and baseball has now been swiftly destroyed under my feet.

I no longer find this fiasco to be amusing nor do I now derive any sort of enjoyment from it. I may derive some enjoyment from the penalties which now seem surely inevitable to be handed down to the Essendon Football Club as a result of this saga, but more than likely I'll be left feeling deflated and sad at the incompetent manner in which a conclusion will be reached.

Finnis talking now...........................
Hird may just have to move to the Bahama's.
Cut your losses now Hird before it gets really bad..................and it will get really, really bad.

falloutnv_vs_call_of_juarez_gunslinger__dry_canyon_by_alexe_arts-d6aa1fx.png

Hird vs The World. Armed and ready to go.

I was loving it, but now I'm not so sure.

This game is spiraling out of control and I feel my enjoyment being sapped for the off-field incompetence and also the controversies which continue to present themselves.

The feeling I have now towards this whole saga can best be described as sadness. I feel sad that the body which governs this sport shows time and time again that they are not fit to do so.

I feel sad that some people are happy to drag down the sport we love and are so passionate about in a desperate attempt to save their reputation, or what remains of it.

I feel sad that unfortunately this sport, not just the Essendon Football Club, now has an asterisk next to it indicating that some within believe it to be acceptable to use substances to at least push the boundaries, if not break the rules.

I feel sad that the moral high ground I once proudly took as a supporter of this great sport to demonstrate its superiority over substance ridden 'sports' including cycling, athletics and baseball has now been swiftly destroyed under my feet.

I no longer find this fiasco to be amusing nor do I now derive any sort of enjoyment from it. I may derive some enjoyment from the penalties which now seem surely inevitable to be handed down to the Essendon Football Club as a result of this saga, but more than likely I'll be left feeling deflated and sad at the incompetent manner in which a conclusion will be reached.

Here you go. :D

kleenex-facial-tissue-21400.jpg

Finnis talking now...........................

Hird may just have to move to the Bahama's.

Cut your losses now Hird before it gets really bad..................and it will get really, really bad.

Yeh he was good

I feel sad that the body which governs this sport shows time and time again that they are not fit to do so.

I agree that there is much to be disappointed about with the unfurling drugs scandal (the description of it being "the blackest day" in Australian sport is looking pretty spot-on IMO) but I am utterly perplexed at your suggestion that the AFL has done anything wrong in its governance. You claim the AFL has failed "time and time again". Please support this highly contestable, "Essendon" delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back