Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow
He’s tried his guts out for the club but his body just isn’t designed for the running he wants to do.
It’s ok to try, but sometimes you just have to give up. It’s like my arrogant little second cousin who wants to be a pilot, but just isn’t mentally capable of doing all the physics , mathematics and hard work. Just brags on his Facebook page that he’s a pilot pulling in gullible chicks . They quickly work him out that he’s a bsa and a useless individual. Trying means nothing if you just don’t have it.

This guy is absolutely cooked! quads, hamstrings but it also says a lot about our fitness staff do we put this down to another player that was rushed back??
That was my first thought. Rushed back with no match conditioning in the VFL, and he does a hamstring after what...two games?

It’s ok to try, but sometimes you just have to give up. It’s like my arrogant little second cousin who wants to be a pilot, but just isn’t mentally capable of doing all the physics , mathematics and hard work. Just brags on his Facebook page that he’s a pilot pulling in gullible chicks . They quickly work him out that he’s a bsa and a useless individual. Trying means nothing if you just don’t have it.
1714642526032.png
sounds familiar

You mean bullschit runs runs in the family TI? :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean bullschit runs runs in the family TI? :tearsofjoy:
In the modern world bullshit runs rampant and it’s not genetically related, but more an indictment on the poor education system. You’re always making personal remarks bc you can’t actually make an educated argument related to the topic. Keep trying though as eventually you may come up with a valid point. Like JGTI at least you're trying. lol

Wow
He’s tried his guts out for the club but his body just isn’t designed for the running he wants to do.

Respect where its due, dude was a total warrior for us in our dynasty for sure. I still think he could provide value to a contender or wanna-be contender. He is a bench player, a utility. We don't really have room for a 26 yo injury prone bench player - but a team like Melbourne, Carlton, Swans, Cats, Giants - they might. Trade him with one of our later picks and try to get a better 2nd rounder etc.

We traded Butler for next to nothing to give him a second chance elsewhere. Graham deserves the same, but just make sure any trade is actually worth our while too this time.

Strange career Graham.
Two flags and over 100 games at 26, would have been 3 flags if he didn’t dislocate his shoulder. Every player would love that career.
But you look at his stats over the last 7 years and this years few.
It’s not clear what position he plays, he’s listed as H/F-Mid but his stats read like a running back pocket.
It’s like Hardwick trained him to be a scarecrow/sweeper around stoppages to get in the way of handballs.
He does have +5 tackles a game
But
He’s not a dedicated tagger.
He doesn’t win the ball at stoppage.
Doesn’t take Cont Marks or kick goals.
Doesn’t play on a Fwd.

He’s missed 56 games through injury played nearly 120 and taken 2 Contested marks in his career.
For all those who say his quick, quick guys often get an opportunity to bounce the ball.
Graham doesn’t.

For a guy that went at pick #53 I think he’s got everything outve of himself, has forced his body to do the maximum it’s capable of cause he’s such a determined bloke but it can’t handle it.

Last edited:
Strange career Graham.
Two flags and over 100 games at 26, would have been 3 flags if he didn’t dislocate his shoulder. Every player would love that career.
But you look at his stats over the last 7 years and this years few.
It’s not clear what position he plays, he’s listed as H/F-Mid but his stats read like a running back pocket.
It’s like Hardwick trained him to be a scarecrow/sweeper around stoppages to get in the way of handballs.
He does have +5 tackles a game
But
He’s not a dedicated tagger.
He doesn’t win the ball at stoppage.
Doesn’t take Cont Marks or kick goals.
Doesn’t play on a Fwd.

He’s missed 56 games through injury played nearly 120 and taken 2 Contested marks in his career.
For all those who say his quick, quick guys often get an opportunity to bounce the ball.
Graham doesn’t.

For a guy that went at pick #53 I think he’s got everything outve of himself, has forced his body to do the maximum it’s capable of cause he’s such a determined bloke but it can’t handle it.

Very accurate and mature response. No belittling or shitcanning, just plain ol' commonsense backed by some impressive facts.

Very true - Graham has got the most out of his ability, but pretty much at the end of the day, he's a battler and every battler, as much as we love them, have a limited lifespan - some longer than others.

And know his body is simply broken and won't miraculously get better.

Yeah your right - he is awesome and a gun. I guess thats why after 8 years the mother*er STILL starts most games son the bench.

Even with Prestia, Ross, Taranto out, Cotchin , Edwards, Lambert retiring - dude still starts most games on the bench

View attachment 1976937

Tell me - what is Grahams position? Then make a list imaging our entire side is completely healthy, ranking every player in his position and tell me where he sits, after 8 ******* years.

Want to know what is evidence? you bringing up Dan Rioli to me in a Jack Graham thread. Thats how flimsy your argument is. I'm in the Jack Graham thread talking about Jack Graham. what are you doing ya filthy animal?
WTF are you on about ya nut job 🤣

I have gone past blaming players and their bodies now !

This is way f****g too much and has to be something thats missing with our medical/fitness dept

Needs a bloody good overhaul
Yep, the evidence is overwhelming :(

I was silly enough to think teams would want him and we'd land 2nd round band compo. Doesn't fattboy realise he's auditioning for the biggest pay day of his life this year. The way he's playing he'll be lucky to be playing SANFL next year. When I'm bored I might go through all the old posts over his career where I said he was rubbish just to remember all the sooking fanboys who said he'd be our next captain and stroking off over his RAMBO-ESQUE bravery. 😉😉 in a final. He's making the memory of Castagna look like KB by the stench of his uselessness in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back