Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 2 tackles last night. Did anyone else think he looked like his dud shoulder was giving him grief?
I saw him get to a bunch of tackles on first inspection and then confirmed in the 2nd watch through the game... but the stat of 2 is a bit misleading as all tackles that don't stop the play aren't counted in the "tackles" stat column (e.g. the player got the ball away in the middle of the tackle in some way)

I saw him get to a bunch of tackles on first inspection and then confirmed in the 2nd watch through the game... but the stat of 2 is a bit misleading as all tackles that don't stop the play aren't counted in the "tackles" stat column (e.g. the player got the ball away in the middle of the tackle in some way)

Yeah, he looked better on a second watch to me too, but not properly sticking tackles isn't like him.

He takes a pretty bad tumble in the 1st quarter trying to spoil and lands heavily on the right shoulder. Looked hampered after that.

I don't think it's in his (or the club's) long term interest for him to keep playing through a painful and knackered shoulder. There's no doubting his courage. His got nothing to prove. Just gotta get him physically right, IMO

Yeah, he looked better on a second watch to me too, but not properly sticking tackles isn't like him.

He takes a pretty bad tumble in the 1st quarter trying to spoil and lands heavily on the right shoulder. Looked hampered after that.

I don't think it's in his (or the club's) long term interest for him to keep playing through a painful and knackered shoulder. There's no doubting his courage. His got nothing to prove. Just gotta get him physically right, IMO

Had some big tackles / contests at the end.

Moves like a boat however.

Needs to take up yoga or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was our best player in the last when he went on ball minus the kick out on the full. Is continually one of our better players when he does play in the guts but is spending more time on the wings this season for whatever reason.
That is his only position. Would have been much better with MacIntosh on Smith last, in fact both games as he covers the ground really well and is an unsociable footballer. Until one of our young brigade step up for the wing spot, he is needed back because opposition coaches and even the commentators pre-game recognise our weakness out there. Might get away with Caddy but not two slow wingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back