Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on. It's always baffled me how he's treated as though he's Dustin Martin by the selectors.... especially when he's more akin to Castagna in output. It's mindboggling how he can stink it up for 6-8 weeks straight without fear of getting dropped. Juxtapose it with Ross who's best and worst is 10x better than Graham's yet has been dropped a handful of times each season. Makes zero sense.
I was ultra-critical of Castagna, whose last two, if not three years, were horrible and should have been droped multiple tikes.
But, George's form has Graham covered by the length of the Flemoington straight.
Seriously, what are we waiting for or ecxpcting from a guy who is slower than my grandmother and can't hot a target from 10 or 15m away?
Nepotism 101.

Well if the club hold onto Bolton & Rioli for grim death like I have a terrible feeling they will. Then for the sake of our draft this year, I hope we do lose Baker & Graham to salvage something.

This is all just games

Richmond probably feel like the offer Graham has got from Eagles is just below Band 3 and by offering a 3 year deal they would be expecting eagles to up the offer slightly to make sure its band 3 (pick #22)

i dunno, Graham is a bigger body and at the moment the RFC appears to be entering a vortex, having Graham around makes us stronger for longer

i dunno, Graham is a bigger body and at the moment the RFC appears to be entering a vortex, having Graham around makes us stronger for longer
No really

There are atleast 4-5 kids that would have his role in next year and would have instant impact
We dont need him

Well Prestia has to retire at some point and Graham has the history. Graham offers more than Phillips

I don;t know RFC seems to be in a predicament
Phillips is?? Graham has history, but about a quarter of Prestia's talent.

Big changes are needed. Low level talent will be replaced over the next year or so no matter what their history. We have a swag of young players who are showing something and will be a year older. We will have a swag of new high end draft picks that will need games. Older established players should see the writing on the wall and get whatever they can for their near future.

I wish 2017 Grand Final Jack Graham was the Jack Graham we saw most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question, was the 2017 GF a complete anomaly for Jack or was it an indication of a potential that for whatever reason was unfulfilled?
With Dusty, Jack, Prestia, Cotch, Rance and Bachar in full flight, it wasn't hard to look good.
I lean towards anomaly.
Played some decent footy in the years afterwards, but has been largely mediocre or genuinely poor for three years now.
Others have nailed it on here, he's just too slow and lacks versatility and it's puzzling how he is just seemingly one of the first picked whenever fit.

Genuine question, was the 2017 GF a complete anomaly for Jack or was it an indication of a potential that for whatever reason was unfulfilled?
It was probably why he won the medal at the U18's championship, yet still didn't get drafted until what pick 56.

I assume clubs knew he had some talent for an 18year old, but thought he didn't have room for growth or improvement, o a low ceiling for his absolute best.

His average might be better than a lot, but he rarely has that wow game, 17 GF just happened to be one.

He was in better shape in 2017 than he is now. Too heavy for his height and just appears to be going through the motions. Needs to lose 5 kg and get slimmed down. I’d rather he moves on as I think he’s a disinterested footballer just out too collect.

Jack Graham has been slapped with a fine for his high hit on Cam Mackenzie

With JGTI I believe the Eagles gave him a low ball offer ,but with four years as the carrot. So we are trying to add a bit of sugar on top so we can get a better compensation return. We just better be careful as we maybe stuck with him which will be a disaster of great magnitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back