AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a victim of circumstances when it comes to team balance.

The great Mark Johnson had the same conundrum in a team packed with players who had their ideal position.

Sheedy put him in the back pocket and he ended up a very very valuable contributor in shutting down small forwards ..complete with bone crunching tackles that hurt blokes. Eg: Jeff Farmer.

I like him. He’s a tough ####er.

Probably try and settle him on a wing given our current injuries there should be a spot for him there until at least Shiel returns.

he’s not agile, skilled and quick enough disposal for a wing

there’s other roles he can play

We probably are better giving the wing role to Ham

Ham is in the same position as Gwelf

On the knife edge of traded come seasons end. It’s a brutal business league footy.

When you’re on the smaller side..pack marks are not your thing..ya just have to get your hands on the ball a lot in loose ball situations and be spot on 95% of the time with your disposal.

On the knife edge of traded come seasons end. It’s a brutal business league footy.

When you’re on the smaller side..pack marks are not your thing..ya just have to get your hands on the ball a lot in loose ball situations and be spot on 95% of the time with your disposal.

Ham won’t be traded come years end. No side would give up any value for him and I can’t see him being poached.

You know, apart from the fact he was the first player we re-signed this year on a multi year deal

You know, apart from the fact he was the first player we re-signed this year on a multi year deal

Players who are on the knife edge of selection during the season do get traded every day of the week come October.

Me? I want him as a bomber. He is as tough as ####. He will get better with skills.

Players who are on the knife edge of selection during the season do get traded every day of the week come October.

Me? I want him as a bomber. He is as tough as ####. He will get better with skills.
I was talking about Ham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not think he struggles in big games. He struggles when he has to play as a deeper defender. I like him when he plays wing or forward. I think he is okay playing a looser half back flank role but he does not do as well playing tighter defence.
All his mistakes came up the ground Saturday though. Definitely his worse game for the club, though I doubt he’ll be dropped.

Should’ve been dropped last game, needs to get dropped after tonight.

Not a lot to come in. Cahill had limited impact and Ham made just as many mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #35: Matt Guelfi - Re-signs on a 2 year deal! Teenage girl fans rejoyce - 30/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back