Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Do you agree with the 'Watt' decision?

• Yes

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pratt or perry can fill his useless shoes, trade him take anything he is terrible the only thing that angers me more than shannon watt is jonathan hay and how much he gets paid to get 5 disposals for tasmania.

year of the roo said:
McMahon for Watt? That is outrageous. I'm not totally against the idea of trading Watt if we feel that we can get something out of Brown and Hay next year, but surely we can do better than Jordan McMahon?
A man of reason.:thumbsu:

Disco said:
Pratt or perry can fill his useless shoes, trade him take anything he is terrible the only thing that angers me more than shannon watt is jonathan hay and how much he gets paid to get 5 disposals for tasmania.

You obviously haven't watched to many North games then, and observed the efforts of Leigh Brown.

mark73 said:
Gee I dunno.They traded for Lachlan Veale. :) Gilbee is ok but inconsistent.Flabbergasted as to how he made AA.McMahon has Cooneys 'footsteps' problem.I'd be keeping Watt thanks.

Some of these comments are amazing. Gilbee inconsistent?...yeah right. The guy is a star and is worth twice the value of Watt. Watch him every week and see how many times he hits his target under pressure. As for McMahon, his courage used to be questioned but no more. The guys built for speed and there are few better when it comes to disposal by foot. He's never going to break open packs with his body size but no-one at the bulldogs questions his ticker nowadays.

Bulldogs would dismiss any suggestion that they trade either Gilbee or McMahon for Watt. In my view Watt would be handy at best.

always right said:
Some of these comments are amazing. Gilbee inconsistent?...yeah right. The guy is a star and is worth twice the value of Watt. Watch him every week and see how many times he hits his target under pressure. As for McMahon, his courage used to be questioned but no more. The guys built for speed and there are few better when it comes to disposal by foot. He's never going to break open packs with his body size but no-one at the bulldogs questions his ticker nowadays.

Bulldogs would dismiss any suggestion that they trade either Gilbee or McMahon for Watt. In my view Watt would be handy at best.
C'mon Mate. How could some that is always right suggest that Watt would be handy at best. Watt is a gun. He has been our best defender for the last 2 years. A Quality player indeed.:thumbsu:

always right said:
Watt has had his best season to date.From memory, he did a nice close down job on your superstar Brad Johnson, and even if he was just 'handy at best', thats gotta be an improvement on Brian 'most goals' Harris. :thumbsu:

mark73 said:
Gilbee is ok but inconsistent.Flabbergasted as to how he made AA.McMahon has Cooneys 'footsteps' problem.I'd be keeping Watt thanks.

amazing stuff people spurt out on this site
ummm we must have been watching different Doggies games this year?
McMahon for Watt? I guess if Eade goes in for a lobotomy just before the trading period, we're a chance!

True_Roo said:
amazing stuff people spurt out on this site
ummm we must have been watching different Doggies games this year?
McMahon for Watt? I guess if Eade goes in for a lobotomy just before the trading period, we're a chance!
*I wasn't the one who suggested Watt for anything.
*Obviously you disagree with my sentiments on McMahon, Gilbee? You could just say I disagree. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watt can offer no more to the footy club - he can't improve, and needs to be offloaded, while we may still get something for him.

He is an honest battler who is not worth persevering with when the side is bottoming out and needs to develop new talent.

He has had his chance, far more than many, and that's the reality.

His kicking is still unreliable, he doesn't make enough body contact when competing, lacks any sign of visible competitive or killer instinct, is too often caught behind for someone supposedly fast.

His job on Johnson was good but it had more to do with Johnson and the Dogs having an off day than a brilliant performance by Watt.

He must go this trade period, we can't tolerate mediocrity any longer.

Angus1 said:
Trade Watt hey? So we play a full year without a fullback or is Jon Hay going to come good next year?

Petrie will be our full back next year, he showed some good signs there towards the end, plus weve got enough ruckmen as it is, we are better off trading Brown/Watt for someone like Skipworth, who is unused at Adelaide and could be an exciting player. Hes only 23 with around 50 games to his name and is playing very well in the SANFL. But your right, maybe we would be better off taking someone like McMahon/Gilbee. Not them obviously theyre too valuable to the Doggies

palisades said:
Watt can offer no more to the footy club - he can't improve, and needs to be offloaded, while we may still get something for him.

He is an honest battler who is not worth persevering with when the side is bottoming out and needs to develop new talent.

His kicking is still unreliable, he doesn't make enough body contact when competing, lacks any sign of visible competitive or killer instinct, is too often caught behind for someone supposedly fast.

His job on Johnson was good but it had more to do with Johnson and the Dogs having an off day than a brilliant performance by Watt.

Agreed.:thumbsu:

palisades said:

For that I give u a BIG :thumbsu:

year of the roo said:
Sansbury oughtta do, right?

Funnily enough, I could see him doing OK at the Bulldogs under Eade with their style of play. Trouble is they just don't need him.

Maybe we could put together a job lot (Chad, Eddie, Makey, Trotts and Watt) for Farren Ray. Out they go!

Maybe not.

If this is up then im sorry.

302586bp.jpg
space.gif
Watt talk wrong: McDonald
2:10:24 PM Tue 10 October, 2006
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Kangaroos high performance manager Donald McDonald says talk that Roos backman Shannon Watt may join Melbourne in exchange for Demon defender Paul Wheatley is completely false.

McDonald said speculation regarding a trade involving Watt and Wheatley was just not on.

"No (there is) nothing (in) at all," McDonald told afl.com.au.

"I was sitting there yesterday (Monday) with Melbourne and it wasn't even raised, so I don't know where that one has come from.

"Anything that'll happen with us … it's an aim to refresh our list and we know we've got the draft picks, so it's just going to be a matter of how many picks we have.

"So that's our focus - to get some quality young fellas into the club (via the NAB AFL Draft)."

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Shannon Watt - drafted at #14 in '97 ND - 155 games - 0 Brownlow votes - original whipping boy

Back