AFL Player #37: Nic Martin - Looks like he has a runny nose

Remove this Banner Ad

What was he trying to do with that forward entry? I swear he was a lot smarter when we first got him, it's like our footy program brings out the dumbness in every footballer at our disposal.

It takes some effort to turn a simple kick and shot on goal to an easy turnover down the oppo’s throat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His kicking / decision making has become awful since being turned into a defender this year. Nic is very close to being essington’d. It’s almost like the extra responsibility has got into his head and thrown him off playing his natural game, trying to do too much at times.

His kicking / decision making has become awful since being turned into a defender this year. Nic is very close to being essington’d. It’s almost like the extra responsibility has got into his head and thrown him off playing his natural game, trying to do too much at times.

Think we have to remember he’s only in his 3rd season and is being played in a totally new position.

Hobbs was taken the same year and can’t even get into the side.

27 touches of absolute garbage tonight. Poor kicking, fumbly, soft.

We've taken a goal kicking, All-Australian-quality winger and turned him into an ineffective chipscab HB. I know we need run off half back but surely we have another option.
Well actually we do not and right now does it matter ? He has shown when we throw him forward he can still get the job done.

Think we have to remember he’s only in his 3rd season and is being played in a totally new position.

Hobbs was taken the same year and can’t even get into the side.
Nah Martin is quality he’s a lot better than the current standard of ball use he’s serving up, and he might’ve been taken same year but technically he’s a 2019 baby, Hobbs is 2 years younger

He took a couple of CBAs and most of his disposals were in the middle of the ground. Very different position profile to most of the season (which looks like the West Coast game, Carlton game excepted I think):

He lead EFC for i50s and metres gained against Geelong, with his fewest marks on the season. Was a season high for i50s. Without going back and looking at the starting positions at each centre bounce I'd say he wasn't playing the same HBF role he has been for most of this season.

Geelong:

20240701_014507524_iOS.png

West Coast:

20240701_014540117_iOS.png

He took a couple of CBAs and most of his disposals were in the middle of the ground. Very different position profile to most of the season (which looks like the West Coast game, Carlton game excepted I think):

He lead EFC for i50s and metres gained against Geelong, with his fewest marks on the season. Was a season high for i50s. Without going back and looking at the starting positions at each centre bounce I'd say he wasn't playing the same HBF role he has been for most of this season.

Geelong:

View attachment 2035866

West Coast:

View attachment 2035867
Fancy letting stats get in the way of a good melt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d move him to Gresham’s high half forward role, where he has a licence to run up the ground, and move Gresham to a deeper small forward role. We need him, actually both those guys, to be bigger threats as goal scorers than each currently is.

I’d move him to Gresham’s high half forward role, where he has a licence to run up the ground, and move Gresham to a deeper small forward role. We need him, actually both those guys, to be bigger threats as goal scorers than each currently is.

And move a defender to the back flank!? Stop talking nonsense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back