AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts - Signs on until 2026 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Did it hurt him ? no.
Has it cost us a premiership ? no.
:)
I really enjoy watching seniors **** up week after week and not punished.

It really brings the best out of the place.

What a great exaample of our superb culture

A nice mix of hardness and skills and a bit of polish. I’ve been particularly impressed by his kicking to advantage, seems quite willing to kick into the leading lane and draw the forward into it.

Maybe went a bit low because of lack of a defined weapon?

Will buy a badge next year once he’s out of the old dunny brush jumper and into something a little nicer.

Great game tonight, should've had already 15 senior games under his belt. What position is he best suited to do we think wing or HB?? I liked Marto on the wing tonight and with Duursma coming back will be interesting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch him live, I implore you, he’s pointing, he’s encouraging his positioning is A+ and the much more experienced players are already looking to give it to him, such are the spots he puts himself in.

He’s an absolute cracker, for him to come in as the sun sets on Heppell is impeccable timing.

Watch him live, I implore you, he’s pointing, he’s encouraging his positioning is A+ and the much more experienced players are already looking to give it to him, such are the spots he puts himself in.

He’s an absolute cracker, for him to come in as the sun sets on Heppell is impeccable timing.

He was showing McGrath where to get positioned. Insanity

BJ would approve.

And to think it's all thanks to Brad.

Super impressed with him. Loved his work rate and time with the ball. Feel like we may have uncovered someone here.

hardest thing to teach is time with the ball, and looking like you have time (ala Pendles) just seems like he has that skill.

How has this thread not been touched tonight, ripping game today he couldn’t have done much more. A joke really that he wasn’t played earlier in the season
Does it really matter that they held him back ? There was no premiership on the line and he has now ironed out a lot of the things he was doing wrong early in the year. Yes he could have played another 5 or 6 games but personally I do not think it makes any difference heading into next year . We know he can do something at this level.

And to think it's all thanks to Brad.

Playing that extra 4 weeks with Will Hoare and Solomon McKay in a cow paddock out at Casey fields has been the making of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts - Signs on until 2026 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back