AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts - Signs on until 2026 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Turned it over a bit and would like bit more creativity with angled kicks, ie massimo but think that is more due to our poor spacing and leading patterns ahead of the ball.

Building nicely and just need to games into him.

Has a crack and clean with hands and gathering the ball.

Watch him live, I implore you, he’s pointing, he’s encouraging his positioning is A+ and the much more experienced players are already looking to give it to him, such are the spots he puts himself in.

He’s an absolute cracker, for him to come in as the sun sets on Heppell is impeccable timing.

That's why I called him our future captain after one game, it drips off him. Also hes first in flying the flag, doseht care who he's grabbing or pushing in the chest. My big worry from here is actually keeping him

Had a few turnovers by foot but he was also taking a lot on so no worries there - he’s a really nice kick. Can weight it or punch it as required.

Tough competitor âś…
High IQ âś…

Running ability is probably the question mark and the reason for his slide in the draft. Think he’ll be at minimum a good 200 game player…..speed is likely what defines his ceiling and whether those games are better than good.

Personally I think there is a lot of other AFL footballers with more deficiencies than this bloke. Very impressive start.

Had a few turnovers by foot but he was also taking a lot on so no worries there - he’s a really nice kick. Can weight it or punch it as required.

Tough competitor âś…
High IQ âś…

Running ability is probably the question mark and the reason for his slide in the draft. Think he’ll be at minimum a good 200 game player…..speed is likely what defines his ceiling and whether those games are better than good.
He’s a 6min 2ker so is immediately one of the better runners on our list. Not explosive though.

Watch him live, I implore you, he’s pointing, he’s encouraging his positioning is A+ and the much more experienced players are already looking to give it to him, such are the spots he puts himself in.

He’s an absolute cracker, for him to come in as the sun sets on Heppell is impeccable timing.

It even translate across on the screen. Against Gold Coast Langford laid a good block which led to a goal. Roberts as a second gamer was up and about pointing to Langford and letting others know it was his work that led to the goal.

Played well and shown promise, which just reinforces the question of why he couldn't get a game a good 12 weeks earlier. Selection has been baffling this season and Roberts has just been another example of that. Too often have we not rewarded those who warrant selection, and time and time again have we continued giving games to players down on form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played well and shown promise, which just reinforces the question of why he couldn't get a game a good 12 weeks earlier. Selection has been baffling this season and Roberts has just been another example of that. Too often have we not rewarded those who warrant selection, and time and time again have we continued giving games to players down on form.
He was given a few things to work on in the vfl before he was given the nod for senior selection

Roberts unlikely to get one this year. Freijah and Dear have "body of work" noms in the works plus can't get one next year, Roberts will be able to.

Extends contract to 2026 New

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts - Signs on until 2026 - 22/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back