Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like the sooking in the media about X's physical play couldn't have come at a better time with SDK & Geelong this week.

Perfect little bit of extra motivation.

Stat line versus Geelong: 25 disposals, 5 marks, 8 tackles, 3 clearances and --53-- hitouts.

Will finish top 3 in the Syd Barker this year, and if it wasn't for a freakishly talent Harry Sheezel in the same side, would probably have it wrapped up by now.

Did anyone see this sort of player emerging at the start of the season? Or during any previous season? I certainly didn't.

Did anyone see this sort of player emerging at the start of the season? Or during any previous season? I certainly didn't.

Definitely not me. Xerri has been ultra impressive this year.

Definitely not me. Xerri has been ultra impressive this year.
I have to admit I didn't either but he has been fantastic. Is he a chance at being AA ruck or is there someone better?

Last edited:
already pumped myself up on the previous page, but yeah, i did mate. search my posts in this thread and elsewhere for a masterclass on xerri posting.

a couple to give you a taste:

"people are going to be shocked at how good he is if he gets an injury-free run"

2nd Half of the Season has been huge from a team perspective.
Is gelling well with the mids now and contributing himself, whereas early in the season it seemed to be almost a selfish game he was playing.

I lub him

I have to admit. I didn't either but he has been fantastic. Is he a chance at being AA ruck or is there someone better?
definitely didn’t see this coming, possibly gawn or grundy the afl media ruckmen darlings could beat him for AA. very happy this bloke proved a lot of doubters wrong (myself included but we’re right to doubt given what he showed).

already pumped myself up on the previous page, but yeah, i did mate. search my posts in this thread and elsewhere for a masterclass on xerri posting.

a couple to give you a taste:

"people are going to be shocked at how good he is if he gets an injury-free run"
I called you out elsewhere for that - I don't know if you're his mum or something but you were a big believer way back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have no hesitation giving this bloke the captaincy next year. He sets the tone with his physicality and leads by example with his repeat efforts and intensity.

Been an absolute colossus for us this year.
Seriously should think about this.

Jy ticks the boxes for mine but maybe he's unable the drive the required standards verbally.

Stat line versus Geelong: 25 disposals, 5 marks, 8 tackles, 3 clearances and --53-- hitouts.

Will finish top 3 in the Syd Barker this year, and if it wasn't for a freakishly talent Harry Sheezel in the same side, would probably have it wrapped up by now.

tef did :whistle:

Fun fact: Currently leads the AFL for both frees for and frees against this year.
Yeah, what's also weird is how many rucks are high up in both of those stats. Its almost the way rucks are umpired is stupid...

Goldy used to get heaps of our frees in the ruck too. Its almost as if umps pay those frees so they don't have to pay htb and high frees against the teams we play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Back