Player Watch #39 Jack Buller

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder when they told him they wanted to put him on the LTIL and whether he had much say in it. Glad to read that he has a contract for next year, otherwise it might be a devastating outcome.

With Reid also MIA means we don't have any tall forwards at reserves level left. Especially with first Edwards and then Arnold returning, hopefully we'll get to see much more of the Hamling as KPF experiment. He's been great so far (something like 10 goals in 3 games.

I wonder when they told him they wanted to put him on the LTIL and whether he had much say in it. Glad to read that he has a contract for next year, otherwise it might be a devastating outcome.

With Reid also MIA means we don't have any tall forwards at reserves level left. Especially with first Edwards and then Arnold returning, hopefully we'll get to see much more of the Hamling as KPF experiment. He's been great so far (something like 10 goals in 3 games.
Kin said it was a discussion with Leon, Jack and his manager to put him on ice, and him get ready for next year.

Presumably we'll also have Ladhams back next week, who could play forward as well?

Ladhams has been used primarily in the ruck. I favour that because I only see him coming into the seniors to replace Grundy.

The other interesting thing about the decision to LTIL Buller is that I think it means the club has not ruled out playing Sam Reid at AFL level this season if there are injuries to one of our 3 young talls, whereas they are apparently more willing to rule out that option for Buller. That doesn't surprise (nor disappoint) me, but it is interesting.

Ladhams has been used primarily in the ruck. I favour that because I only see him coming into the seniors to replace Grundy.

The other interesting thing about the decision to LTIL Buller is that I think it means the club has not ruled out playing Sam Reid at AFL level this season if there are injuries to one of our 3 young talls, whereas they are apparently more willing to rule out that option for Buller. That doesn't surprise (nor disappoint) me, but it is interesting.

He could replace mclean or amartey. more mclean for the part-time rucking but if amartey injured mclean could play deeper and ladhams the part-time ruck

dont really see him playing as logan but rucks usually have pretty good tanks just not much top speed

He could replace mclean or amartey. more mclean for the part-time rucking but if amartey injured mclean could play deeper and ladhams the part-time ruck

dont really see him playing as logan but rucks usually have pretty good tanks just not much top speed
I would think if Amartey or Logan got injured then Hamling would come in but if McLean got injured then Ladhams would come in. Hamling seems to be the better forward and Ladhams would be needed as a part time ruckman as i don't believe Amartey's ruck numbers are too flash

Agree Ladhams could come in for McLean, but doesn't mean he would. More doubtful he would replace Amartey.

I think if one of Logan/McLean/Amartey was injured they might not replace them with another KPF but just go a bit shorter instead e.g. use Fox. Or shuffle the deckchairs and bring someone like Corey Warner or Mitchell in as the sub.

Many people have back issues no matter what age
No I was wondering if they had come into their first AFL level preseason. And being older than the usual 1st year players, pushed themselves too hard especially with the weights. (I am completely speculating)

I remember one preseason Ronke did a lot of running over the break. He looked sharp and fit but he overloaded himself and was injured for the first half of the season.

I can imagine older rookies players being motivated to work hard to start the season well and maybe break into the senior team. But it is still their first full AFL preseason even if they are in their early 20s. So I wonder if there is a greater risk.

Last edited:
No I was wondering if they had come into their first AFL level preseason. And being older than the usual 1st year players, pushed themselves too hard especially with the weights. (I am completely speculating)

I remember one preseason Ronke did a lot of running over the break. He looked sharp and fit but he overloaded himself and was injured for the first half of the season.

I can imagine older rookies players being motivated to work hard to start the season well and maybe break into the senior team. But it is still their first full AFL preseason even if they are in their early 20s. So I wonder if there is a greater risk.
Fair question. Especially talls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39 Jack Buller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back