Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Is Harding the new Arnold Briedis?

• Yes, he is the new Briedis

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, he's not the new Arnie

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • His goalkicking reminds me of the great Arnie Briedis

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He is ruggedly handsome like Arnie!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

20060704leeharding.jpg

Hmm not convinced about Harding... I think he would have been good trade bait. But if he stays then give him a run in the midfield to see if he can be used as a link player.

He's a better lead and mark than Fruitty, but not as good as a crumbing/small forward player.

Gee, these old threads keep getting bumped. Am I allowed to quote myself from 3 years ago? I don't think my opinion has changed in that time - Harding yet to nail down a permanent spot in our best 22, and with Thomas/Campbell the writing is on the wall...

Devil Fish is having a tough week.
Two wins in a row, Laidley has them playing some good, positive football - time to bump a few old threads and bring back some negatively.

There is no doubting him:thumbsu:

Devil Fish is having a tough week.
Two wins in a row, Laidley has them playing some good, positive football - time to bump a few old threads and bring back some negatively.

There is no doubting him:thumbsu:
Not to mention Zondor polishing off his entire stock of potatoes.

Talk about a potato famine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he get back in later this year?

I still think he would be real handy on the half forward line with his pace and pressure applied by his chasing.

Maybe in the place of young Adams, who hasnt been bad either.

Thoughts?

P.S: Any word on young Callum?

Will he get back in later this year?

I still think he would be real handy on the half forward line with his pace and pressure applied by his chasing.

Maybe in the place of young Adams, who hasnt been bad either.

Thoughts?

P.S: Any word on young Callum?

I think callum is 2 weeks away.

As for leigh harding, unless he has a different role next season he will be gone.

campbell and thomas have overtaken him.

Are you joking...

Leigh Harding is a top bloke, but to think he would still be on th list had he not done his knee is absurd... He would add nothing to our current best 22....

second this

we have seen the best of what leigh can offer I feel, time to move on where "there is gold in them there hills" and find out what our young recruits can offer us (campbell, thomas, adams, warren etc...)

I don't think he's necessarily gone. Two points:

- He didn't ever play the small crumbing forward role that Campbell and Thomas play. Instead he played as a small leading forward. They're not necessarily in competition.

- At no stage did he get the fast delivery that our forwards are getting this year. You have to change "we've seen the best of what Leigh had to offer" to "we've seen the best of what Leigh had to offer when the team chipped it around the backline and their defence flooded our forward line"

I'd give him another year. At worst we have a depth player who can give pace and hard tackling to our half forward line.

no seen enough and as eloquently as i can say this, when he is on the park i always thought he was one of the weakest links:

• hands of glass
  • case of the yips every second game with set shots
  • pace, not convinced...he looked busy but dont think he was super quick he had foot trouble and went to orthotics and that slowed him down
  • tackling pressure...and?

I know i dont want to compare both players yet but thomas had already kicked 1.8 in his first 3 games. Thats a percentage of 20.

I believe he will come back but will play via NB and work his way up

last time i checked 1 divided by 9 = 11.11%

figures the sun would miscalculate that as they have miscalculated many things in the past...afl grants per se

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #39: Leigh Harding - selected with #13 in 2000 RD - retired at end of 2010 season - coaches at BL

Back