Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr - the Mac Daddy of the King Twins.

Remove this Banner Ad

He went off down the rooms during the game and assume had the ankle re-strapped. Certainly looked a bit proppy at times when he came back on.

He has been last on this list in other seasons but he has had his best season by a fair way. I have been a constant critic and I wonder if his contract is up this year. Martin Pike used to bludge with a two year contract so the Lions only gave him one years deals. A new contract needed focuses the mind.
Unfortunately I think he will be a bit old in a couple of years when we can realistically hope for finals but he has been a good player for us this year and deserves some praise.

I never thought he had it. Looked slow and sloppy disposal. He’s stood up for us this year when we’ve needed it. Kudos to him, he just needed some help.
I'm convinced he was playing at 60%. Funny how you can look slower and unskilled when you just don't have the freshness in the legs to let you move and position properly.

It’s no coincidence that his and Lmac’s form has improved since we dropped the ugly zone defence we were trying to run with earlier in the year.

Both Corr and LMac don’t have the speed to deal with the ball being sling shot out the back with acres of space.

We are clogging up the corridor far better now and it results in the likes of Corr having to play a more simplistic role of defending their man with far less available space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say he deserves a shinboner award or sumfink.

Thought he played a great game, especially when you consider he was going to miss.

Has limited the brain fades and defended very very well.

Kudos
All players have brain fades, even the great ones. We just tend to forget them.

Exhibit A: Choppy kicking it straight to a Carlton player dead it front from a kick out in a grand final.

Watching him in the video the club put up of the coach's post match address, just seems like a great guy and someone the group would love playing with. Stoked for him this season, he's been excellent and just seems to fit the fabric of the club.
He has the odd epic brain fade, but can't question his effort lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr - the Mac Daddy of the King Twins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back