4 axed for 3rd test

Remove this Banner Ad

10 years ago, you'd get Ponting or Langer or Waugh or Hayden or Gilly to take him under their wing and teach him what it takes to be a Test player - who is doing that now?

What was Hughes reported to have written?

And where is the Captain in all of this?[/quote]

The captain was probably off getting his hair and nails done

Surely Sri Lanka are. Giving up 600+ at home against the Bangas take some beating. We're certainly more than just a support act at the Comedy Store though.
Yeah, but at least the SLankers made 4/570 declared (I did say it was a road...) - so one part of their team is going ok....

Geez, hand in your homework late and you're cut. At least at uni we only lose 10% for late assignments
We had a few units where you instantly failed for missing an assignment deadline, but that was uni - you have an expectation that you might have to write something ocasionally.
edit: Those lecturers were always the ones who set the first assignment deadline for after the HECS withdrawl date.

If India isn't $1.01 after this, I'll be surprised. Patto_Man has been the only effective quick from both teams and we're down to Siddle and Starc, with Henriques chipping in some military medium.

I'd never thought I'd see the day that Steve Smith played for Australia again, but his selection is all but guaranteed now. With Haddin on stand-by for Wade, it's like the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse have descended on the Australian touring party.

And I presume that Clarke was consulted about and supported the omissions, given he's a fellow selector.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is straight out of the Divide & Conquer - 101 Text Book. A very dangerous precedent has been set. Clarke will need to pul another 329 here, because the mail I'm getting is that he's as popular as an off bucket of prawns amongst the rank and file.

10 years ago, you'd get Ponting or Langer or Waugh or Hayden or Gilly to take him under their wing and teach him what it takes to be a Test player - who is doing that now?

What was Hughes reported to have written?

And where is the Captain in all of this?
Hughes wrote something and demonstrated he actually WANTS to be in the team. Shame the same couldn't be said about the vice captain.

Well presumably the guys who are meant to be taking the newcomers under their wing would've been taught by the guys you mentioned.

So if there's none around now, what would that say about their guidance?

This just goes to show, picking a guy again who has not improved one aspect of his game after you've dropped him is a dumb move. Perhaps the next time they pick Usman he will have actually tried to improve

But...but...but he's been averaging 39 in shield cricket this season.

Indictment on our batting stocks that he got picked when averaging less than 40.

Well presumably the guys who are meant to be taking the newcomers under their wing would've been taught by the guys you mentioned.

So if there's none around now, what would that say about their guidance?

That we dropped them at the first sign of a struggld, and then we picked North and Quiney-types instead.

This is straight out of the Divide & Conquer - 101 Text Book. A very dangerous precedent has been set. Clarke will need to pul another 329 here, because the mail I'm getting is that he's as popular as an off bucket of prawns amongst the rank and file.

I often say I like politics, but it's actually not true. What I like is elections, systems of government.

What I don't like is this kind of information - actual politics, based around the powers that be and the factions in whatever.

The precedent was set with Andrew Symonds being sent home for not attending a team meeting. You've got a task or duty? Attempt it. It's that simple. Don't turn up 36 hours late and say I forgot or that I was just about to do it.

It's not a very dangerous precedent either. It's expected behaviour.

Lol banning 4 guys for that. Gotta be kiddig me.

Looks like Hughes' incompetence to face spin will continue on.
Give me someone like Hughes who'll do everything he can to be in the team and improve as much as he can as a cricketer, over guys like Watson who thinks the whole batting lineup should be reorganised to accommodate him.

Remove this Banner Ad

4 axed for 3rd test

Remove this Banner Ad

Back