Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark floggette Allen baying for Dusty to be fined.

"maybe a don't argue will hit the wrong way"

#
I like that you no longer even have to write it out. Just the # is enough.

I think people want him to win tbh.
Dusty has hit cult-like status. Kids are running around their backyards dont arguing their little brothers.
Commentators froth over his bullishness on the field.
Bruce will be salivating to have that chat at the end of the night.
Dusty is a great story, especially for diversity.
If the AFL cant see the wonders it will do to have him win it, as opposed to yet another 'down to earth, fair dinkum, private schoolboy looking' bloke then they are narrow minded knob jockeys.
Thankfully, when it comes to expansion, they are not narrow minded knob jockeys.

He will have Richmond Brownlow medallist next to his name even if hairpiece sends him to another club.

Think Geelong might appeal. Gerard Whateley on 360 made a few solid points, think there's a bit more to come out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you think saying dusty should have been suspended was a good point?

Sure is entertaining reading the Geelong thread. Same people calling for Houlis head are now whining about it being about the outcome not the act. Some of them are threatening never to attend another afl game, which is just icing on the brownlow cake

Did you think saying dusty should have been suspended was a good point?

Nah that was silly. However, the rest of it was all fair enough.
I didn't think it was a dangerous tackle personally.

Cotch should present Dusty his Brownlow Medal
Yet as last years winner it will be Danger presenting the award, so wont it be sweet having to watch him present it to dusty

I agree but just hate that if this were dusty they wouldn't be going on like this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but just hate that if this were dusty they wouldn't be going on like this

I'm not sure if that's true. Whateley is a Cats supporter but I don't think his points were made out of bias.

That seems a tad illogical imo.

If it's not a dangerous tackle Kruezer wouldn't have been concussed. The way he tackled him to the ground caused the concussion, there's no escaping that fact.

The fact that his arms were pinned and he had no ability to break or control his fall and as a consequence he suffered concussion is grounds for the result that the mrp came to and consistent with other outcomes this year

That seems a tad illogical imo.

If it's not a dangerous tackle Kruezer wouldn't have been concussed. The way he tackled him to the ground caused the concussion, there's no escaping that fact.

So every tackle that leads to a concussion should be considered dangerous and the player responsible should be suspended?
Burgoyne tackled Sam Reid earlier on this year, Reid was concussed, Burgoyne had no case to answer.

The fact that his arms were pinned and he had no ability to break or control his fall and as a consequence he suffered concussion is grounds for the result that the mrp came to and consistent with other outcomes this year

You are taught to pin the arms when tackling to ensure,
A - The opposing player isn't able to get off a handball
B - Greater chance of getting a holding the ball decision or at least a stoppage.

The amount of tackles where arms are pinned and the players head lands on the surface and they don't suffer a concussion is countless per game.
I don't believe the result should drive the outcome regarding whether someone gets suspended.

Dangerfield was very stiff and I fully expect Geelong to appeal.

So every tackle that leads to a concussion should be considered dangerous and the player responsible should be suspended?
Burgoyne tackled Sam Reid earlier on this year, Reid was concussed, Burgoyne had no case to answer.

Yes.
And dunno about the Burgoyne one, can't remember, but if he concussed him with a tackle then, yes, he should've gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back