Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blokes who are unhappy don't play like Dusty has over the journey. We also know that. He's a restricted free agent. He loves the club, but, he also wants to maximise this contract. The club reserves the right to match. It is something that most commentators just don't seem to have a handle on. It's mind blowing really.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power

Blokes who are unhappy don't play like Dusty has over the journey. We also know that. He's a restricted free agent. He loves the club, but, he also wants to maximise this contract. The club reserves the right to match. It is something that most commentators just don't seem to have a handle on. It's mind blowing really.

We will match to 1.25 I rekon

Haven't even heard what Tom Browne said (who is Tom Browne?)
However it's very concerning that Dusty hasn't signed and it seems he is very motivated by money as there is no reason for him not to sign right now.
- Team is flying
- Dustin is playing career best football
- Club has done a lot to help him off the field
- Highest offer in the clubs history by a long way

If Dusty goes to North it will be a backwards step in his career. He will struggle with not being around the same crew and watch him spiral out of control outside of football.

Make no mistake its the people around RFC that are keeping him line. We know how to handle him by giving him just enough freedom to be himself but no too much at the same time.

Buyer Beware IMO.

Lets see how Dusty handles himself as the number 1 man in a team that will finish bottom of the ladder. He will have media chasing him all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he love $$ more that's what it comes down to

Ps. I'm backing in that other bloke on twitter

Why would a soccer insider randomly say dusty is gonna re sign with us if he hadnt heard some very solid mail?

Match to 1.2-1.25 anymore than that tell him to go for it. Dusty is not bigger than the Richmond football club. Yeah next year will be harder without him, but we have to draw the line somewhere. If money is what motivates him then let him go be Mr mercenary with North Melbourne.

Im not buying he is going. I think the Carr show is in full effect again. Nobody is saying Dusty is going to Nth. Nobody is saying Dusty wants to go to Nth. All the noise is that they are the highest bidder. Carr was at a game. Carr hates RFC....no wait Dustys dad hates RFC. Its going to take more money to keep him...blah blah blah.
Its a game of chicken.

Match to 1.2-1.25 anymore than that tell him to go for it. Dusty is not bigger than the Richmond football club. Yeah next year will be harder without him, but we have to draw the line somewhere. If money is what motivates him then let him go be Mr mercenary with North Melbourne.

To be honest, I don't even think we should go that high.
$1.1m-1.15m a year for six years at the very most. That takes him close to $7mill over six years.
We need to recruit others, he knows this, if he wants to stay he won't cripple the club to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can harp on about how much we "saved Martin's life", but the bottom line is we took advantage of his "off-field" issues to cheap out and lowball an elite star of the competition on his last deal.

I hated it at the time and always feared that move would come back to haunt us. Would be vintage Richmond admin ******* this up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back