Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Media are desperate to break the story that Martin is going to the suns, they are getting desperate.
SEN,always those Richmond haters.
Amazing the hate that station has for our Tigers.

Envy.

"Dusty won't give much in the trade table" Dwayno already down valuing Dusty in a trade.

CFL will no doubt eff us over also like they always do the cheats.

"The Stand Rule has helped football so much" Dwayne again LMAO.

#boysclub effwits.

Envy.

"Dusty won't give much in the trade table" Dwayno already down valuing Dusty in a trade.

#boysclub effwits.
If he goes and plays for the Suns for chump change then you know the AFL/Suns are doing a dodgy back door deal why would he put himself through all the effort to be paid a base wage, if they pay him real money then we should get some real picks or a trade for him.

One thing we do get is 1.3m off the cap, its time we push along some of these should I stay or should I go decisions so that we can fully plan for next year.

News.com.au running with it now, too. I won't begrudge him if he leaves.. sometimes you just need a change of scenery after working at the same place for so long - especially after your closest mates leave! I've been three and I'm sure majority of you have been, too

News.com.au running with it now, too. I won't begrudge him if he leaves.. sometimes you just need a change of scenery after working at the same place for so long - especially after your closest mates leave! I've been three and I'm sure majority of you have been, too
They're all running the same comments though so still nothing in it except a desperate ex footballer trying to raise his profile, Dusty is 33 this year just cant see the point of the move, he can retire and have a change of scenery without all the effort.

I heard Livingstone went to Shanghai pre season ,might explain the luck
If he goes again next pre-season is it too much to ask that he stays there?

For the rest of the season Yze should simply make Dusty the sub for every game. Have him come on halfway through the third quarter in every game. Either that or sub him off every game if/when his back flares up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t he an unrestricted free agent anyway?
Why are these muppets even saying trade?

Gold Coast don’t need to give us shit
And they won't. Let's face it, the only reason the morons in the media are linking him to Gold Coast is because Hardwick's there. That's it.

He'll either play on at Richmond or retire.
If Dusty was leaving, I don't think he'd have been lapping the G 3 weeks ago and tugging at the guernsey.

A lot of media with really short memories.
And peanuts for brains.

And they won't. Let's face it, the only reason the morons in the media are linking him to Gold Coast is because Hardwick's there. That's it.

He'll either play on at Richmond or retire.

And peanuts for brains.
I’m not super fussed either way personally

Of course my preference is that he stays on but if Dusty thinks the move up North is the right one for him so be it

If he goes and plays for the Suns for chump change then you know the AFL/Suns are doing a dodgy back door deal why would he put himself through all the effort to be paid a base wage, if they pay him real money then we should get some real picks or a trade for him.

One thing we do get is 1.3m off the cap, its time we push along some of these should I stay or should I go decisions so that we can fully plan for next year.

Salary cap tight at the Suns. Remembering they did trade Bowes and Pick 7 to Geelong 2 years ago for a 3rd round pick. Dickheads in the media like Derwayno seem to forget this.

There might be another deal done with the Dusty value added, some salary cap relief attached perhaps.

I just don't see him leaving without the deal coming back our way being very, very good.
He won't walk out on the club, unless we're taken care of. That I'm 100% certain of.

I think there is some back door deals taking place between Carr / GC / AFL

Dusty wont play for less than $700k x 2 years
AFL would love to have Dusty on the GC for the AFL footy profile to increase
GC/Dimma would want a champ like Dusty around the kids to get confidence from as well as his brilliance

GC pay $400k
AFL pay $300k marketing allowance
Dusty gets $700k for 2 years living beautifully in mermaid beach

Richmond get end of 2nd round compo

I saw a comment a few pages back that plenty of players have been worse than him. Sadly there isnt.

I have to assume there is a physical issue holding him back, the cliff has literally come far too quickly for a player of his class.

Envy.

#boysclub effwits.
Now hardwick is trying to create drama by stating that opposition clubs should look at Martin lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back