Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't get to see le cras play last year at all, by all the negative comments i thought he was no good. He really impressed me and made chad cornes accountable at a critical stage. Looks to have a future after last nights performance

Re: CURSE those ******

tashibatts said:
Even the ABC commentators were appauled with the decision.

:mad:

What, the ABC were allowed to say something 'against the umps' :eek: I don't think I CURSED more times than I have for 5 years !! :D

Yup, $$$ was RIDING !! whattya expect !!

Cororoo said:
One of a few poor decisions made by the men in orange tonight.........

How was it not a mark?

I thought Sav was stiff not to be rewarded for his tackle on a Port player.Was it Cochrane? (not 100% sure if it was Stuey) An obvious "BALL" decision that was not paid and ended up with Tredrea kicking a goal........Geez , I was p'eed off by that decision.

Yes, it was Cochrane.

Not often you see 2 decisions (Bruno's non-mark the other) of that abysmal quality within moments of each other.

Angus1 said:
This happens every year right at the start of the season. The umps go overboard on any tiny little thing. As the season continues the umps chill out a bit and let it flow on a bit better. Nothing to get too worried about really but it does make you wonder why the same thing happens every year.

Yes, the umpires do pay particular attention to the rules at the beginning of the year, but as stated, if Revolt had taken that mark, you can bet it would have been paid.

I seem to remember, when we played Port last year at Telstra Dome, that game too, had some shocking umpiring decions - mostly against us.

LukeHodge15 said:
is brent lecras in ur best 22, watched him a bit in this pre-season and he seems pretty handy player

Not in our 22 just yet, but is very close. With Motlop injured, he could be his replacement in the fowardline even though Motlop is a better player. In saying that, I think that are alot of youngsters that could get a spot ahead of him in Pratt, Perry, Urch. Grima, Perkins, Trotter and McIntosh.

So how many games do u think brent lecras will play this season.And how many games will they give Mckernan before they give Mcintosh a go.

ROO BOY IN W.A said:
So how many games do u think brent lecras will play this season.And how many games will they give Mckernan before they give Mcintosh a go.

Brent LeCras to play 4-5 games. McKernan is standing in the way of McIntosh's development and keeping, IMO, a future star out of our side. I think McKernan will play the first three rounds and if he still dosen't show any form, I think it will be time to bring McIntosh into the side. McIntosh, McKernan, Hale, Thompson, Rocca, Petrie, Hale, Brown and Watt can't play in one team. McIntosh will play a couple of games early then about 5-6 more games later in the year.

i think mcintosh may have to show some positive signs in the port side before even thought of for the roos...
needs to do what petrie did before getting a gig. dominate in the lower league.

These four players today showed a hell of alot of character - when we were down early these guys kept presenting, JWS is sooo poised it gives me a big grin when i see him and wells tangling together:)

McIntosh has a lot of hunger back in his game and it showed after the final siren when he kicked the ball away in disgust - the BIG H really looks hungry for success and is really dropping back in the hole well to take some good marks

LeCras - we could get 20-35 goals out of him this season presents well really looks well balanced and is startng to blend in nicely with the game plan - has good hands and has come along this year in leaps and bounds really looks poised to play games this year

Gibson is a 100% definate in Round 1 - his skills around the ball and crumbing brown, watt, hay today were exceptional - has a good long range kick on him makes good decisions and doesnt seem to panic alot - knows where his teammaytes are and i hope he is given the chance to shine this year

These four are important for us this year while playerslike Grima, Trotter, McConnell still find there feet!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish still has a long way to go, but I think he is ready and has earnt to have a real crack at it. I'm not counting that game last year where he played small minutes in conditions that just did not suit. Hopefully he does enough early on to keep his spot for the whole year.

I reckon LeCras is a definite for round one. He's kicked 2-3 every game so far, you can't ask for much more from a pocket player. Would it be possible to use him as a semi-leading forward/crumber? He's reasonably nimble and agile for his size. Harding could find himself in a bit of trouble, it might not be a traditional forward line but sometimes things just work.

shintemaster said:
I reckon LeCras is a definite for round one. He's kicked 2-3 every game so far, you can't ask for much more from a pocket player. Would it be possible to use him as a semi-leading forward/crumber? He's reasonably nimble and agile for his size. Harding could find himself in a bit of trouble, it might not be a traditional forward line but sometimes things just work.

I agree, he can play the same role Motlop played for us. He was never a crumbing forward, got most of his goals from set shots from taking marks and LeCras has started to learn how to lead hard into space and take some good marks and more importantly convert from limited opportunities. He is a mile in front of Chad Jones which I am disappointed in his pre-season so far.

Star said:
LeCras is the interesting one for mine

I always looked at him as an 'insurance' typw of player in the event that we had a spate of injuries. But I'll give him his dues, he presents and gives 100% - and still reminds me of Dr.Sholl!

Spot on Star. Actually said the same thing last week to a few workmates (resemblance to Sholl), if he was to have a similar impact, could be a real bonus this season!

There's a LeCras that got a big write up in the Perth paper starring for the Eagles in a praccy match. Got to be his brother I guess. Could be the year of the LeCras.

.........Any good?

Worth having in a Dreamteam as a cheapie? Thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers.

(ps I also have Hale in my Dreamteam - how's he looking this year?)

hotpie said:
.........Any good?

Worth having in a Dreamteam as a cheapie? Thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers.

(ps I also have Hale in my Dreamteam - how's he looking this year?)

I've got him in mine, not that that is saying much.

Has shown in pre-season games both this year and last year that he can be a very good third forward marking option.

Hopefully this year he can step up and show it in the real season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #40: Brent LeCras - selected with #56 in the '03 ND - delisted at the end of the '06 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back