Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be anything this kid, just keep playing him.

I was a huge fan and went off him, due to what seems to have been a lack of intensity. He did work harder off the ball this week. But to just keep playing him should his effort decrease, is setting a poor example.

He is currently in a battle to remain in the side, has he got the ability to be a top footballer 100%, has he the ambition/drive, well we will find out.

He is well down on last years numbers, but of course playing as a fwd.

I was a huge fan and went off him, due to what seems to have been a lack of intensity. He did work harder off the ball this week. But to just keep playing him should his effort decrease, is setting a poor example.

He is currently in a battle to remain in the side, has he got the ability to be a top footballer 100%, has he the ambition/drive, well we will find out.

Obviously, if his effort and intensity isn’t where it should be then you can’t play him.
On his numbers, he’s played 9 games started sub in 4 of them and was subbed early in one after getting injured.

Needs to start next week against the Pies.

Last edited:

Yeah well you're back on, his intent and application and run was bloody good yesterday. Geez he has all the tools, if he can find the mental application and continue with his efforts from Sunday, we will have found one.
It won't be ability that holds Eddie back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he's recovered from Quaynor cannoning into the front of Zurhaar, who took out Eddie's legs (no free of course)
Was a straight shove to Zurhaars chest that took Eddies legs out.

Play on they reckon.

4 campaigners out there but play on.

Yeah well you're back on, his intent and application and run was bloody good yesterday. Geez he has all the tools, if he can find the mental application and continue with his efforts from Sunday, we will have found one.
It won't be ability that holds Eddie back.
The way he moves and zigs and zags quickly to find advantage actually makes me think of a dark headed JHF.

Has the same antagonistic attitude as well.

Reckon he will be a forward. Prefer our other back line options - I suspect McKercher is a fair few years off having the strength & size to play midfield (plus we have a heap anyway) so can add him to half back with Goater, Bergman, Hardemann + we have Fisher, plus Archer for a lockdown role.

Zurhaar in my eyes is likely to leave.

So keep Eddie up ford and get him to play a good 1-2 role with Duursma. Mid sized marking options who should see themselves as Hoskin-Elliott type workers in the future pushing up & down the ground providing options, giving one of our 2 keys the ability to stay closer to goal. That would be the ideal scenario.

Reckon he will be a forward. Prefer our other back line options - I suspect McKercher is a fair few years off having the strength & size to play midfield (plus we have a heap anyway) so can add him to half back with Goater, Bergman, Hardemann + we have Fisher, plus Archer for a lockdown role.

Zurhaar in my eyes is likely to leave.

So keep Eddie up ford and get him to play a good 1-2 role with Duursma. Mid sized marking options who should see themselves as Hoskin-Elliott type workers in the future pushing up & down the ground providing options, giving one of our 2 keys the ability to stay closer to goal. That would be the ideal scenario.
We are beginning to build a nice bank of flankers who are all versatile.

This is how I’d like to see the wings and flanks used:

2025:

HB:Goater Chom Dawson

C:McKercher Sheezel Scott

HF:Ford Teakle Duursma

2026:

HB:Goater Chom Dawson

C:Ford McKercher Scott

HF:Sheezel CHF Duursma

Was a straight shove to Zurhaars chest that took Eddies legs out.

Play on they reckon.

4 campaigners out there but play on.

Should have been two weeks for dangerous play

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back