Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic game by Eddie. Never fails to have an influence and has a definite X-factor.

There is one thing I find very frustrating, and this just my own take, but I feel he tends to stop and prop when he gets the ball along the wing and around the ground. Not confident to take risks with his kicking right now and for mine is one of the culprits for when we slow the play to our disadvantage. So many times I wanted him to go fast but he went slow.

Absolute huge piece of our future however. Extend his contract now.

Fantastic game by Eddie. Never fails to have an influence and has a definite X-factor.

There is one thing I find very frustrating, and this just my own take, but I feel he tends to stop and prop when he gets the ball along the wing and around the ground. Not confident to take risks with his kicking right now and for mine is one of the culprits for when we slow the play to our disadvantage. So many times I wanted him to go fast but he went slow.

Wasn't on his own there, we gave up so many potential attacking moves for a long down the line to Gawn of all people.

That'll improve though, just glad we're seeing steady improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that as well. It was one of the reasons I see so much JHFF in the style of his play.

HFF will mark the ball, quickly wheel around on the mark but seems to not play on as much.

Ford does the same but is slower with his reaction speeds. There have been a few times where after taking the mark, the defender was at a disadvantage and not really in the area and he could have played on and used his good wheels.

Good pick up. I think that is a confidence thing more than anything else. He has been in and out of the side a far amount in his short career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back