Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Including the goal he kicked, Eddie was involved in 4 out of the 5 goals we kicked in our last quarter comeback. He's playing really well.

I reckon the club knows they have a good one here, but also that he is pretty cocky, so have been doing a bit of tough love with him. ie make him really earn his spot.
wouldn't be surprised if further down the track we get the old " i was told a few home truths" story from Eddie

ps I can see him being a fan favourite with the other teams supporters............

Sign him for 3 years ASAP.

But also make him wear a sandwich board at training all week with the text
"I WILL NEVER PASS TO BAILEY SCOTT INSIDE 50".

Had flashbacks of Daniel Wells passing off to guys like Brady or Kasey Green just to do the team thing.

You have the talent Eddie. Try it yourself next time.

Had flashbacks of Daniel Wells passing off to guys like Brady or Kasey Green just to do the team thing.

Not exactly sure if the angles and distance were comparable because it was up the other end and opposite side of the ground from my vantage but he clearly didn't want to take a set shot from that side and his very next opportunity showed why. It doesn't seem to be his pocket.

Not exactly sure if the angles and distance were comparable because it was up the other end and opposite side of the ground from my vantage but he clearly didn't want to take a set shot from that side and his very next opportunity showed why. It doesn't seem to be his pocket.
That's fair. Maybe something for him to work on then.

He's got the temperament of a player who'd welcome the big moment so would love to see him ensure he's ready for any likely scenario.

Sheezel handballing to McDonald was another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Including the goal he kicked, Eddie was involved in 4 out of the 5 goals we kicked in our last quarter comeback. He's playing really well.
True. But still, he needs to take his chances. While it was a good team thing to do to kick and to centre to Scott, he is there to kick goals. He was 30 metres out on a 50 degree angle. Kick it son!

Last edited:

Amd what if he’s been told to be less selfish and take the blinkers off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back