Player Watch #40 Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of that is confidence i think.
The problem with him playing mid is that he cant play in there with Dow at the moment. Both are still too skinny and we would get demolished.
If Sonsie goes inside, Dow needs to go out but unfortunately Dow is a 1 trick pony.
Is Dow really a one trick pony. He is very creative in heavy traffic. I wonder if he might be able to do that in the forward line. He may not kick goals but he might create goals.

Im just going to put this here so people can see what happens with these players

I am also going to go out on a limb and say you could probably add 1 extra year to Swizz because of COVID affecting the development. I think he is a talent and should be given all the opportunity.

Some posters here probably expect more from him because he was seen as a potential NO 1 draft pick before his injury.

whos that
Sexy Homer Simpson GIF

Indifferent game again, but I see the vision. I know not everyone does and that's fine. He popped up a couple of times off half back and his hands remain elite and probably the safest in the team. His handball to Ralphsmith's advantage on the wing was elite and put speed on the game.
He had an inside 50 kick to Kosi where he shaped it off the side of his boot to Kosi's advantage and Kosi should have marked it and was unlucky not to be paid a free.

Definitely in danger of being dropped or the sub next week and it's probably fair enough as he doesn't stay involved in the contest for long enough.
Overall, I like what I'm seeing though as he is showing he can play in a multitude of positions which is not something you can say for many players on the list.

Indifferent game again, but I see the vision. I know not everyone does and that's fine. He popped up a couple of times off half back and his hands remain elite and probably the safest in the team. His handball to Ralphsmith's advantage on the wing was elite and put speed on the game.
He had an inside 50 kick to Kosi where he shaped it off the side of his boot to Kosi's advantage and Kosi should have marked it and was unlucky not to be paid a free.

Definitely in danger of being dropped or the sub next week and it's probably fair enough as he doesn't stay involved in the contest for long enough.
Overall, I like what I'm seeing though as he is showing he can play in a multitude of positions which is not something you can say for many players on the list.
I see it too. Thought he was pretty good until mid second quarter or so and then vanished.

still reckon he needs another huge preseason on the weights and hard running to properly assess him, hes got a decent base to work from now. It's just not gonna be his breakout year this year, more development needed.

still reckon he needs another huge preseason on the weights and hard running to properly assess him, hes got a decent base to work from now. It's just not gonna be his breakout year this year, more development needed.
He is contracted for next year so we at least will hopefully get more data to work with.

Is playing HF part of his development, cos it not, why dafuq he get no midfield minutes.

Kids played out of position shouldnt be judged as harshly
He couldnt of played mid the last couple of weeks.
Him and Dow would of been destroyed.
He may see his minutes increase now that Taranto, Graham and Hopper are back.

i actually think he has been good in his role the last few weeks.

His intensity is just not there. Agree elite hands and the release to Ralph was superb and the week before he did 2 amazing handballs. It is not enough though and he should be sub not Kane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not buying this crap his out of position. Where is his elite kicking at times ?. Needs to work harder and get more involved.
There's nothing to buy. Watch his two VFL games this year and you'll understand.

Is playing HF part of his development, cos it not, why dafuq he get no midfield minutes.

Kids played out of position shouldnt be judged as harshly
Yeah I'm a bit concerned about this also. Is he being put on the HFF because he doesn't have the tank to go through the middle at the moment? Is it a balance thing where we can't put him in there with Dow or others because the mix is wrong?
He has a couple of good moments each game and he tries to do some clever things that at the moment aren't coming off (knock ons, soccers to advantage etc.) When I think back to when he broke into the team and he was lasering the ball inside 50 to targets there's just been none of that recently as he's largely playing with his back to goal.

I hope there's a clear development plan there.

if he keeps at it and gets better and a bit stronger he could our version of Luke Bruest.
he's never gonna be a pack crasher but has exquisite skills on both sides and good vision.

I have no problem with Sonsie, he is a light mid and will take a bit longer to develop than some of the bigger mids.

We have a lot of impatient fans.
Remember next year we could be without Dusty, Baker and probably Graham to Adelaide If we are lucky we will get one good raw midfielder. A tale Ted outside mid like Sonsie could be very useful

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40 Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back