Traded #42: Massimoe D'Ambrosioe - Thank you for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we wanted a player that was prepared to do what the coach wanted and not run around behind his back complaining about it ..........
Interesting to see then how it all works out. If Massimoe's Hawkes win games of football and he plays well, and we lose games of footy... then you have to start questioning the coach?

Interesting to see then how it all works out. If Massimoe's Hawkes win games of football and he plays well, and we lose games of footy... then you have to start questioning the coach?
I guess if you think retaining a player with a single elite and a bunch of average or below attributes is the difference between Essendon and Essington

yeah but if we played him our team defence would fall apart.
No it would not but it would hardly be better.
I get it. He is a good player. His kicking is great. I am in the minority.

Close to best on again today. God I miss this man...

If he stayed with us, he may well still be fringe, not getting games etc.

Our problem is list management and team selections, and Essington.

I would have had Davey, Mass, Wanganeen playing every game and just giving them time to find their form, Mass was already good, I agree, and a great kick, but the other two would also give us some run, also and had some of the out of form seniors delisted years ago, as well as a proper rotating system of out of form players cycling through the VFL so they know what happens when you play 1-2 games poorly in a row.

Last edited:
Talk on the AFL site about him possibly being All Australian this year.
Pity we couldn’t hold onto him, our VFL side really misses his run off half back.
the clubs amazing defence just wouldnt hold up if they kept him. luckily they still have hepp, martin and co doing such a good job back there.

Talk on the AFL site about him possibly being All Australian this year.
Pity we couldn’t hold onto him, our VFL side really misses his run off half back.

2) This Hawk is firmly in All-Australian calculations​

If selectors decide to pick two genuine wingmen in the All-Australian side, Massimo D'Ambrosio should be there. Errol Gulden is a lock given his form both inside and outside at Sydney, but after not being a lock at Essendon last season, D'Ambrosio has been the best value recruit of the year.

The 21-year-old cost Hawthorn pick No.61 and a future fourth-round selection as the final deal of last October's trade period and he is now established as one of the premier wingmen in the AFL.

He is rated No.2 by Champion Data and enhanced his chances of a blazer by collecting a career-high 31 disposals, eight score involvements and six intercepts in another polished display on the wide expanses of the MCG on Sunday. The All-Australian selectors might push a pure midfielder to a wing in the final team of the year, but D'Ambrosio should be in the extended squad at a minimum. - Josh Gabelich

My boss just told me some info about the Massimo move, wouldn't say who the person he knows was but works in our T&D team...

We offered a clean 1 year deal, no triggers. He wanted to stay, said he loved the club, but wanted some triggers added to the 1 year. We said no, Hawks and GCS offered 2 years with potential triggers, he come back to us and asked if we'd match the triggers, didn't even need to add the 2nd year, again we said no. he then agreed to the hawks deal, told the club he was leaving, Dodoro asked why are you leaving we were going to offer you the same deal, by then it was too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boss just told me some info about the Massimo move, wouldn't say who the person he knows was but works in our T&D team...

We offered a clean 1 year deal, no triggers. He wanted to stay, said he loved the club, but wanted some triggers added to the 1 year. We said no, Hawks and GCS offered 2 years with potential triggers, he come back to us and asked if we'd match the triggers, didn't even need to add the 2nd year, again we said no. he then agreed to the hawks deal, told the club he was leaving, Dodoro asked why are you leaving we were going to offer you the same deal, by then it was too late.
I mean.

**** me. It's basically describing kind of the shitshow we've been rallying against all year.

Lol sounds like us. I cant remember any horrid turnovers from the Hawks in the second half yesterday. They like to build their teams on being clinical something Dunstall talked about in our match. We are anything but and it makes everything hard from executing a gameplan, moving the ball, retaining possession, setting up defense, and just putting teams away. At least we finally seem to have a professional kicking coach.

So you're staying dodo was hard to deal with?

I can add more. Some I can say . Hawks where talking to him in July and outlined how they would use him. there is some other stuff but it is not my place to post it .

I heard the exact same story, Mass and I have the same barber.

Should be the final nail in dodos coffin

Not only does he pick the wrong players and sign them to long term deals but he even low balls the good ones and lets them leave.

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Reflects just as worse on Scott. Zero chance he doesn’t have final say, especially when it was a matter of a 1 or 2 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back