Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we get jumper number reveal today?
Brynn will wear 43.........not a bad history associated with it. John Longmire started his career with it, recently Sam Gibson and Aaron Hall donned it for over 200 games beteween them.

Geordie will wear 23. I have no recollection of who wore it before he did. Kieren Harper? Our coach wore it too!!

Or you could just give an honest analysis on a player you have seen play multiple times last season?
Oh I agree.

What a f**k up by the club to take Teakle when we could of picked (insert random player that most likely will never play senior football either) or (another player just as spuddish as Teakle will most likely be). This will come back to haunt the club.

Makes me physically ill to see north supporters have hope that this bloke is decent. I have to go out to the shed and get into the punching bag when someone says ‘he looks like he moves ok in his highlights package’. Gets me so angry as they don’t know what we know about this guy.

Oh I agree.

What a f**k up by the club to take Teakle when we could of picked (insert random player that most likely will never play senior football either) or (another player just as spuddish as Teakle will most likely be). This will come back to haunt the club.

Makes me physically ill to see north supporters have hope that this bloke is decent. I have to go out to the shed and get into the punching bag when someone says ‘he looks like he moves ok in his highlights package’. Gets me so angry as they don’t know what we know about this guy.
So what you're saying is that people aren't allowed to express a negative opinion on a new recycled player?

That is the entire basis of your argument.

Our club has really nailed our selections recently when it comes to second club AFL players so the basis of your argument is strong.

We didn't necessarily draft Brynn to be able to be #1 ruck for a full game.

He was drafted to provide structure, provide something different, pinch hit to relieve the ruck, and be able to contest if for some reason the #1 ruck went down.

I doubt there was any expectation that he would win the majority of ruck contests, or even get near to breaking even.

It's a second round MSD pick, which is about as far down the totem pole of drafting that you can get picked up. Zero lost, may as well fill the list spot just in case.

He was drafted to provide structure, provide something different, pinch hit to relieve the ruck, and be able to contest if for some reason the #1 ruck went down.

I doubt there was any expectation that he would win the majority of ruck contests, or even get near to breaking even.

It's a second round MSD pick, which is about as far down the totem pole of drafting that you can get picked up. Zero lost, may as well fill the list spot just in case.
Maybe, and I know this is really out there... we put CCJ on the long term injury list, and then used the MSD to bring in the same kind of player, because of that hole in the list. Which is what the MSD was made to facilitate. Shocking, I know.

Brynn will wear 43.........not a bad history associated with it. John Longmire started his career with it, recently Sam Gibson and Aaron Hall donned it for over 200 games beteween them.

Geordie will wear 23. I have no recollection of who wore it before he did. Kieren Harper? Our coach wore it too!!
#23 David Dench dual premiership player. NMFC team of the century full back .

So what you're saying is that people aren't allowed to express a negative opinion on a new recycled player?

That is the entire basis of your argument.

Our club has really nailed our selections recently when it comes to second club AFL players so the basis of your argument is strong.

You can have negative opinions about new players to the club. But negative opinions about a bloke picked at the backend of the mid-season draft, is the lowest hanging fruit you can find. We get it, in real terms this bloke will most likely spud it up, as he would have been on a list if he was any good. Pretty much like all the other blokes picked last week.

My main issue was you having an issue with people trying to find positives with this bloke. ‘People need to be more realistic about players’. Why? It’s big footy for north Melbourne supporters for f**k sake. Posters are trying to find positives in a putrid year. Give em a break

Got a good feeling about him tbh. I also had a good feeling about us coming into this season so who ****ing knows 🤷‍♂️

Either way, I’ll reserve judgement until he’s played a few games.

5 minutes into his first game

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Or maybe

woooooo GIF

Oh I agree.

Come on JJ you're better than this.

Our obvious glaring weakness this year has been us playing underdeveloped kids.
Brynn gives us a mature stop gap for a couple of seasons.
This is much better than some kid who's effectively pick 100 odd in last year's draft.
Brynn would be odds on to play before that hypothetical kid.
Maybe less of a chance to play 100 games but I reckon either option has bugger all chance of that.
He's a pick for now not a pick for in 5 years time. That's probably more of a need I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It remains to be seen but we may well have drafted him as deep cover and we may have no intention of him playing unless Xerri gets injured.

It remains to be seen but we may well have drafted him as deep cover and we may have no intention of him playing unless Xerri gets injured.
Could be, but I'd be surprised if Teakle doesn't get a game playing as forward-ruck with Pink essentially filling that role as a stop gap (with an observation in passing that Pink has been at least serviceable)

I recognise you're taking the piss. Just don't think people querying a selection are necessarily whining.

I think pointing out the negatives of a bloke we got 2nd pick in mid season draft is pointless, as they all have major flaws. And that game that can be played with any of the players picked. Saying the bloke is no good and it’s a example of poor recruiting before he has even pulled on a jumper comes across as whiny.

The taking the piss stems from posters having issues with others posters trying to find positives with a stab in the dark selection.

Anyone who is writing off BT (that's what me and my 67 mates call him), will end up with an egg on their face.
Let me tell you a story: I grew up near the Thunderdome and I was good mates with Bob Jane T Marts. We were best mates at eachother's weddings. But his career was at the crossroads in the late '80's until one day I had a puncture on my road bike - A Malvern Star Skidstar that I'd won matching up the Paddle Pop sticks. This was all before the internet was invented by Bill Gates, so I wrote Bobby a letter explaining my predicament. He then rang me, pleading with me to take the bike over to his joint, where thankfully he had a roll of duck tape. We proceeded to use that tape to strap the puncture and I then proceeded to do a PB (Personal Best) for the Strava segment "Hello There Honey Child" and the rest I guess, is history.

Last edited:
Anyone who is writing off BT (that's what me and my 67 mates call him), will end up with an egg on their face.
Let me tell you a story: I grew up near the Thunderdome and I was good mates with Bob Jane T Marts. We were best mates at eachother's weddings. But his career was at the crossroads in the late '80's until one day I had a puncture on my road bike - A Malvern Star Skidstar that I'd won matching up the Paddle Pop sticks. This was all before the internet was invented by Bill Gates, so I wrote Bobby a letter explaining my predicament. He then rang me, pleading with me to take the bike over to his joint, where thankfully he had a roll of dove tape. We proceeded to use that tape to strap the puncture and I then proceeded to do a PB (Personal Best) for the Strava segment "Hello There Honey Child" and the rest I guess, is history.
I'll have whatever you're on

We don’t need him to be a world beater, just to provide another target inside forward 50.
He is going to make us better structurally given that he will also give Xerri a rest in the ruck.
Larkey has been crying out for help in the forward line for some time.
We know that Clarko likes the 2 talls inside 50 so it wouldn’t surprise me to see him debut this week for us.
His form in the WAFL could mean that he hits the ground running and is more than handy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Worst case he's a ruck who actually competes in the VFL and gives blokes like WillPhil the chance to shine in the seconds. No brainer for mine.

He just needs to make sure the ball doesn't get into the hands of opposition sweepers. We just need equal contests in the air so our mediums don't have crash into each other.

I'm sure Mr. Tickle can provide that.

He looks very mobile for his size. His lack of establishing an ongoing AFL career to date is moot. Hope we play around with his roles and see what sticks.

Most 203cm state rucks move like Lurch. This guy looks really agile but still strong. Some of his marking highlights were a bit Combenesque.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back