Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon BMac’s old jumper might just fit him. RHJ is 46 but 43 is vacant. I know Tarryn is still listed as wearing 26 but we have moved on from him and reallocating his old number might show the footy world we have.

They got IMO the best pick of the MSD in Ned Long.
I’ll be honest with ya BunMan. We got a player that is 2 months shy of being in the 2024 draft as a legitimate draft prospect. Im going on a limb and suggesting we legitimately grabbed a genuine second round pick in the midseason draft.. honestly, I think we grabbed a good prospect.. talking about our first pick

I’ll be honest with ya BunMan. We got a player that is 2 months shy of being in the 2024 draft as a legitimate draft prospect. Im going on a limb and suggesting we legitimately grabbed a genuine second round pick in the midseason draft.. honestly, I think we grabbed a good prospect

Yeah I think Geordie was a decent pick up and I hold hope of him being a solid contributor to our 22. He plays with the right aggression at least.

Yeah I think Geordie was a decent pick up and I hold hope of him being a solid contributor to our 22. He plays with the right aggression at least.
he’d be grabbed second round 3rd round in the 2024 draft. So I believe its a really good catch. We definitely got the best available in the midseason, IMO, without a doubt in the comp.. he’s quick and gutsy.. we need that

As some have touched on, he has exposed AFL form and it is quite horrendous reading. It's only a MSD pick, so whatever, but I would be surprised if he plays any good football for us.

2022, R14 vs Sydney
34% TOG, broke his collarbone

2022, R21 vs Richmond
Teakle 4.3 Player Rating, 73 Supercoach, 12 disposals, 19 hitouts
Nankervis 27.3 Player Rating (BOG), 158 Supercoach, 29 disposals, 44 hitouts, 6 coaches votes

2023, R6 vs West Coast
Teakle 7.2 Player Rating, 85 Supercoach, 14 disposals, 34 hitouts
Bailey J. Williams 17.5 Player Rating (4th highest for him), 133 Supercoach, 21 disposals, 37 hitouts, 7 coaches votes (only 3rd time he has recieved coaches votes)

2023, R7 vs St Kilda
Teakle 6.0 Player Rating, 60 Supercoach, 8 disposals, 18 hitouts
Rowan Marshall 22.3 Player Rating, 159 Supercoach, 2 disposals, 28 hitouts, 6 coaches votes

2023, R8 vs Essendon
Teakle 6.2 Player Rating, 42 Supercoach, 7 disposals, 14 hitouts
Sam Draper 17.6 Player Rating, 110 Supercoach, 16 disposals, 24 hitouts, 3 coaches votes
Andrew Phillips 7.8 Player Rating, 58 Supercoach, 9 disposals, 21 hitouts

2023, R9 vs North Melbourne
Teakle 7.1 Player Rating, 67 Supercoach, 12 disposals, 17 hitouts
Todd Goldstein 22.2 Player Rating (BOG), 171 Supercoach, 24 disposals, 56 hitouts, 2 coaches votes
That is all well and good, but he won’t be playing 1st ruck. He will be filling in, pinch-hitting and providing a body/decoy up forward. If he marks it 3-4 times a games, brings it to ground 5 times and contributes with the odd goal, he will have done his job.

That is all well and good, but he won’t be playing 1st ruck. He will be filling in, pinch-hitting and providing a body/decoy up forward. If he marks it 3-4 times a games, brings it to ground 5 times and contributes with the odd goal, he will have done his job.
thats pretty much all iam expecting,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His role will be to ensure we get any chance at ground level.

We seem to be wasting opportunities because the ball keeps going out the back especially when Larkey overruns it or completely whiffs a marking attempt.

he’d be grabbed second round 3rd round in the 2024 draft. So I believe its a really good catch. We definitely got the best available in the midseason, IMO, without a doubt in the comp.. he’s quick and gutsy.. we need that
I love a bit of Bigfooty opinion masquerading as fact.

But yes hopefully Geordie is a savvy selection.

I love a bit of Bigfooty opinion masquerading as fact.

But yes hopefully Geordie is a savvy selection.
A few people involved with footy in Northern Tassie that I've spoken to, not necessarily North supporters either, reckon he is the best young player outside the AFL in the country. Obviously there's a bit of local bias but they bang on about his speed and aggression and say if we need a defensive forward with aggression and the ability to chase, tackle and even kick goals then he's probably as good as anyone else.

That's exactly what we need. Hopefully he can deliver.

I know its not something we're used to but both draftees could come in almost immediately and have an impact.

The two most obvious things missing against Port were another taller contested marking player and a faster defensive forward. Provided they can do what we need they could be worth three goals a game, maybe more. Good intercepting KPDs will mark and get the ball into their forward line quickly and if we can create contests in the air and more pressure on the ground. The smaller forwards we had, including Zurhaar, we much better with their efforts against Port compared to Adelaide but Ratugolea dominated and moved the ball long to their advantage.

Someone to be a tall marking target would be handy just to bring the ball to ground and Payne's speed over 5-10m is sposed to be excellent which improves our pressure and chance of retaining the ball inside the forward half. Hopefully Brynn does a better job of it than Pink did on the weekend.

A few people involved with footy in Northern Tassie that I've spoken to, not necessarily North supporters either, reckon he is the best young player outside the AFL in the country. Obviously there's a bit of local bias but they bang on about his speed and aggression and say if we need a defensive forward with aggression and the ability to chase, tackle and even kick goals then he's probably as good as anyone else.

Nah, we're right.

I know its not something we're used to but both draftees could come in almost immediately and have an impact.

The two most obvious things missing against Port were another taller contested marking player and a faster defensive forward. Provided they can do what we need they could be worth three goals a game, maybe more. Good intercepting KPDs will mark and get the ball into their forward line quickly and if we can create contests in the air and more pressure on the ground. The smaller forwards we had, including Zurhaar, we much better with their efforts against Port compared to Adelaide but Ratugolea dominated and moved the ball long to their advantage.

Someone to be a tall marking target would be handy just to bring the ball to ground and Payne's speed over 5-10m is sposed to be excellent which improves our pressure and chance of retaining the ball inside the forward half. Hopefully Brynn does a better job of it than Pink did on the weekend.
Simpkin Teakle Zurhaar
Payne Larkey Curtis

That is the forward line I would play if I’m wanting to bring back some accountability while still having opportunities to goal.

Inclusive of the under 18 cohort?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

arnie "ferbs" pye, our eye in the apple isle.

1717385313926.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back