Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep massive tick for me.

Loved his presence and attack at the footy. Looked relatively composed for his first AFL game in who knows how long. Brought good structure to the forward line and ABSOLUTELY love him going into the ruck instead of Larks who doesnt belong there to begin with.

Permanent in for Callum Coleman-Gone

Yep massive tick for me.

Loved his presence and attack at the footy. Looked relatively composed for his first AFL game in who knows how long. Brought good structure to the forward line and ABSOLUTELY love him going into the ruck instead of Larks who doesnt belong there to begin with.

Permanent in for Callum Coleman-Gone
Seen enough already to pay him out and free up the spot, with Tess and Pink in reserve as a poor mans swing man he is completely redundant now. Use the list spot to chase another Potential KPF.

I really didn't get the pick at all and I'm more than happy to eat humble pie if he keeps this up.

Thought he was very good today, played his role better than you could expect.
I like it when good posters can admit that they where wrong not saying you where its only one game but plenty on here don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really didn't get the pick at all and I'm more than happy to eat humble pie if he keeps this up.

Thought he was very good today, played his role better than you could expect.
Im surprised to hear that, what aspect of his game is lacking iyo?

As i said when we got him, that while his highlights looked good thats all they are. BUT.... they showed a 200cm+ guy with excellent agility, was happy to play on which many rick sized payers arent. Good hands and from limited viewing his set shot looked very good. Add to that the lead, gather and snap goal from a pocket for a guy that size. Again its a highlight but you just cant do many of those things without the raw ability.

He was better in the ruck today than i thought, that was the biggest knock i had on what id seen.

He'll only get better too imo as he adjusts to the AFL pace.

Pretty much everything you want from a ruck/fwd.

Biggest plus was his athleticism.

Definitely good enough movement to play as a fwd/ruck
I was thinking a bloke that can bring it to ground would suffice, well if this is the baseline its pretty fortunate he was still on the board with our msd 2nd pick.

Last edited:
For sure, but Pink may be required down back next week if K. Dawson misses.

Not against the Dees. They don't have a glut of good tall options.

Comben and Corr should be okay.

Was only one game, but looks like I’ll be eating humble pie with this one.

Showed far more physicality than he did with Port. Genuine marking threat.

Unlike a lot of talls who don't make it, he can take a contested mark, he looks co-ordinated and has a fluent kicking style. It's surprising that he wasn't persisted with, or even drafted as an 18 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back