Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlike a lot of talls who don't make it, he can take a contested mark, he looks co-ordinated and has a fluent kicking style. It's surprising that he wasn't persisted with, or even drafted as an 18 year old.

He looks far better as a key forward than a ruck, when he played ruck for Port he got throw around as if he was 70kg. Uses his athletic traits to his advantage when leading at the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we will be able to trade Goad for a first because Brinn is in and means business. He also helps calendar sales

Seemed to go pretty well in the ruck too - although I’ll admit I was in the level 3 nosebleeds at Marvel so hard to get a good read on taps. Competes hard though and seems to have a good sense of where and when to go to get to contests. Very useful MSD pickup if that continues to play out - we may have got one right for once….

I thought he looked really good today, played very well up forward and was good in the middle as well. After just one game he has shown himself to be the best forward/ruck we've had for the last 4/5 years.

He is absolutely massive! Great game today from the big fella, I had a good feeling about him and he didn’t let me down. Seems to be very well liked from within the group too, must have made a good impression.

Forward structure with Larkey, Pink and Teakle was the best it has looked in years.

Persist.
Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

He showed a bit that’s for sure but gee wizz just shows you how starved we are for forward/rucks when a lot are going the early crow with him. It was x1 game. Let’s see if he can continue to produce..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back