Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t overrate the value of opposition tall defenders having to defend rather than just mark and rebound.

The two goals today were a bonus; it’s the ‘not just bouncing straight back out’ impact of his being part of the structure that is making a big difference.

We saw a very tiny glimpse of that opportunity when Pink came in. We’re seeing more of it now. God help the competition if we develop a next level genuine CHF marking threat.

I reckon he is more of a forward than ruck which is the better option. Given the forward half a seriously better look since his inclusion
I agree could kick bags of goals if played permanently deep forward

We should be playing him forward more

He didn’t get much forward time but when he does he look’s dangerous

Ideally Finnbar comes in for pink and plays the second ruck role

Teakle then can play permanent forward and can take ruck hitouts only in the forward 50

I agree could kick bags of goals if played permanently deep forward

We should be playing him forward more

He didn’t get much forward time but when he does he look’s dangerous

Ideally Finnbar comes in for pink and plays the second ruck role

Teakle then can play permanent forward and can take ruck hitouts only in the forward 50
heck Finbar

I mentioned earlier in another thread that Monkhurst was very surprised by how strong he is.

Music to our ears that should be. He seems to have the hunger, doesn’t mind a contest , can mark is a solid shot for goal.

He ticks all the boxes you could hope for. Hope we offer him 2 year deal.
See the campaigner at training. He's ****ing enormous.

He might use old mate as a toothpick.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my son's favourites already, has picked him on the back of a couple of big marks. Likeable player and hopefully has more to give.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back