Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a good player comparison for him

I think he has more forward craft/better contested mark than Jackson though
Jackson is an absolute gun. If Teaks is three quarters the player Jackson is we've won the MSD for all eternity!!!

By allowing to teakle to play mainly forward

Cj as the second ruck
CCJ has no role in this side.

Teakle isn’t crash hot as a second ruck, but CCJ is shithouse as both a forward and 2nd ruck.

I think you just need to let that ship sail. It would take a miracle for him to turn it around based on past performances.

I’m just chalking it up to a really poor recruiting decision in the Noble era of crapness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he’s providing another avenue to goal unlike pink

But allowing teakle to stay forward whilst he goes and chops out X

It’s pretty simple in terms of talent teakle>CJ>pink
Mate, are your eyes glued on? Pink can take a grab, excellent at ground level and provides pressure when he doesn’t have the ball.

I’d love to say CCJ could do any of those things

Mate, are your eyes glued on? Pink can take a grab, excellent at ground level and provides pressure when he doesn’t have the ball.

I’d love to say CCJ could do any of those things
Not sure re "Pink can take a grab"??? How many contested marks has he taken? I don't recall too many. Maybe I'm wrong. The stats won't lie though.

Just checked - he's taken 3 contested marks in 11 games. That does NOT equate to "can take a grab" unfortunately.

He averages 2.6, I agree not the best on stats but it’s still a target to look to in f50

CCJ averaged 2.2 this year fyi
CCJ is a bust. We all agree on that.
Pink may be better than CCJ, but that ain’t saying much.
Let’s not kid ourselves, Pink is a VFL player, but he is giving it his all and is providing a target of sorts.

1 contested mark every 4 games is a far cry from “can take a grab” though.

But anyway. We move on.

Not sure re "Pink can take a grab"??? How many contested marks has he taken? I don't recall too many. Maybe I'm wrong. The stats won't lie though.

Just checked - he's taken 3 contested marks in 11 games. That does NOT equate to "can take a grab" unfortunately.
No it doesn't but I think he hasn't been outmarked all that often, and if his role is to stop the opposition's main interceptor from taking marks for fun in our forward 50, then that's an improvement for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back