Retired #43: Dean Rioli - 100 and out

Should Rioli take the rest of the season off?

• Yes, bring him on next year!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, get your 100 and say goodbye.

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Same thing reported in the H/S. Glad they've come to an agreement because it's obviously in both parties interests.

Hopefully he does a few special things tomorrow night to leave us with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merv Neagle said:
Do you actually want him to Spear tackle someone?
ie pick them up and drive their head into the ground?

Lighten up, mate! He's not asking him to decapitate another player....just something physical out there for us to remember him by.

Crave said:
Lighten up, mate! He's not asking him to decapitate another player....just something physical out there for us to remember him by.
We know Rioli can tackle well- he doesn't need to leave the game with a reportable spear tackle.

stander said:
We know Rioli can tackle well- he doesn't need to leave the game with a reportable spear tackle.

Another one unfamiliar with Rioli's tackling technique.

Head down, shoulder driven into the opponents chest.

That isn't reportable.

Crave said:

NO what he asked for was a spear tackle, that is why i actually asked the question we he joking or serious.

You guys are answering for him saying this is what he meant, that is what he meant, well if he meant something physical why didnt he say, shirtfront for example?

Merv Neagle said:
NO what he asked for was a spear tackle, that is why i actually asked the question we he joking or serious.

You guys are answering for him saying this is what he meant, that is what he meant, well if he meant something physical why didnt he say, shirtfront for example?

Dean Rioli has a trademark tackling technique, which I described above.

Spear tackle may not be the most appropriate title for it, but it seems most other people knew what I was talking about.

It's fair, it's physical and it's damn well exciting.

Merv Neagle said:
That also isnt a spear tackle.

There isn't a clear definition of a spear tackle, not in our rules, not in Rugby.

From what I can gather, what you described is normally refered to as a dangerous throw, in Rugby anyway.

It's open to interpretation.

Merv Neagle said:

Here we go, Ill give you something to reply to. I want Rioli to grab his nearest opponent by the head and ram it in the the nearest turnbuckle. As his opponent gets slung back, I want Dean to scoop him up, hold him and point to the stands, then drive the poor sap into the ground for one earth shattering piledriver. To finish off, I want him to tear his guernesy down the middle to the sounds of Hulkamania from the loudspeakers. A spear tackle will pale in comparison to this finale.

Wonder how the tribunal system will view this incident....

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #43: Dean Rioli - 100 and out

Back