Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

He has played 7 quarters of footy for the year. I'd like to see a bit more game time at the lower level before we bring him in to the AFL side.

Don't think there is much choice if Sir Dusty misses and we keep Balta in defence. Probably prefer Bauer in than add in either of the new MSD blokes in, just for a better understanding of set up and systems. The MSDs probably need a run in the #2s for a few weeks. But who knows this year! it's been pretty crap with so many injuries. :(

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asking a lot for Bauer to come in. He missed the first 6, played 1 game, missed 2 and played again last week. Not sure we are that desperate, and not sure that it is good player management.
Plus 5 day break interstate game = Bauer will play one more VFL IMO. Which has a 6 day break. If the club are showing caution managing Dusty, Prestia etc. I reckon they show caution with JB.

FMD Great game on the weekend. I reckon we'll be waiting a week to see Bauer in the AFL.

im wondering where they will play Bauer in our AFL team ? they are playing him in defence in vfl. If they wanted him to play forward why is he playing defence in VFL? Feels we have enough backmen we need him up front so i dont understand why not get VFL games into him as a forward..?

im wondering where they will play Bauer in our AFL team ? they are playing him in defence in vfl. If they wanted him to play forward why is he playing defence in VFL? Feels we have enough backmen we need him up front so i dont understand why not get VFL games into him as a forward..?
He played the second half forward in the VFL on the weekend ... you can still watch the game if you go to VFL Match Centre on AFL site

Cumberland better hurry up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back