Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows a lot of promise JB, should, play a lot higher , too light to play deep amid all the congestion, he can move , could see him being a good target across HF area

Not sure he has a huge tank. He needs the right role with the right players around him but would be a very good alternative target matched up against the opposition interceptor to hurt them if they take liberties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took 5 contested marks on Sicily last week. Shame we wasted preseason and 20 weeks this year playing him in defence :straining:

I reckon it was Teague holding him back, no surprise that we give Teague the arse and this kid gets a call up in the forward line. Shame on Yze for listening to the Carlton reject.

Funny how we look at someone like Samson Ryan and hope he puts on size over the preseason to be more competitive, yet Bauer, all wirey out here taking contested marks and huge speccies.

Plenty to work with here! Can’t wait to see him again next year.

Ps, that goal from tight yesterday was a beauty.

Funny how we look at someone like Samson Ryan and hope he puts on size over the preseason to be more competitive, yet Bauer, all wirey out here taking contested marks and huge speccies.

Plenty to work with here! Can’t wait to see him again next year.

Ps, that goal from tight yesterday was a beauty.
Bauer is the one we should have given 3 years to, Ryan has me baffled. It's like the club doesn't want to admit they stuffed up recruiting him.

Took 5 contested marks on Sicily last week. Shame we wasted preseason and 20 weeks this year playing him in defence :straining:
All due respect, Bauer very injury prone. quad/Hamstrings & then Rib injuries. Didn't play consistently until Round 10. & I think there was a funeral maybe between round 7 & 10.

returned to VFL teams that had Kosi & Davidson Gray etc up fwd.

He's a walk up start for KPF next season. Lefau too maybe as back up ruck. I doubt Ryan will be ready even next year. Kosi & Ryan on 3 year contracts just reflects inflation of contract lengths.

Bauer will get 3 years himself .

Last edited:
Not sure he has a huge tank. He needs the right role with the right players around him but would be a very good alternative target matched up against the opposition interceptor to hurt them if they take liberties.
Yes he's what I call a drifter...
Drifts in and out of games...
Take's a speccy kicks a goal after the final siren...
HFF...or nuffin...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43 Jacob Bauer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back