Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for being being a bit of a Debbie downer.

But he deleted his instagram, remained tight lipped almost as if he resented the club since before the Good Friday game and constantly heard north needed to improve.

All to hear ‘I love this club’.

I mean LDU wasn’t doing this shit.
Most players are tight lipped about contracts. And the only reason you 'constantly heard' about him wanting north to improve was because his manager said it once or twice and then every second post here, for months, mentioned it again.

Did he say all the core have signed or Corr has resigned lol
Why Not Have Both Government Shutdown GIF

Cool, now perform consistently. No need to worry about contracts for a long while.
It'll come don't worry, with kids your going to get inconsistency and from early in the year we've gone from getting flogged and only playing one to two good quarters a game to three good quarters a game and troubling teams to the extent we should have won seven more games. Cams game is going to get better, once our forward line is complete.

I know we're impatient at the moment for wins but the process that's happening at the moment is going along just fine, learning and adjusting to Alastair's game plan, having the confidence to actually pull it off, comradery building within the group, Alastair not only the experienced coach but father figure as well and going through the tough times sometimes builds character and hardens players up where when we start to win our players play even harder because they think back to where we were and what we went through and copped and say to themselves "there is no way in hell we're losing this game , we are never going back there, lets go boys, lets take them apart"!

Confidence and swagger and killer instinct will come to the fore and when it does, we will know, we're coming!

Last edited:
It’s a big signing, only have to tell by the reaction of Souv, Clarko and the boys in the video and on social media. With LDU coming out and declaring his love for the club and Bull signing, it really is a different feel then previous seasons.

Now have some key players locked in long term who are in the 100+ games bracket and also up and coming stars.

Let’s take the momentum into Saturday get a win and it will be a GREAT week for the football club.

But he deleted his instagram, remained tight lipped almost as if he resented the club since before the Good Friday game and constantly heard north needed to improve.

Unfortunately with his poor start to the year, some north fans I heard were yelling "piss off to the * or Swans" at games.
It was bloody embarrassing. I'm told it was a lot more vitriolic on insta let's just say without going back through that.

I don't remember Cam saying "north needed to show improvement", he talked about making the finals.
I could be wrong but most of the comments about improvement I read were from his manager Deledio who was constantly asked on ABC radio whilst commentating North games.

Well when you compare it Cat Stephens 4 year deal it doesn’t seem excessive in the slightest. :stern look
Good to see we are improving with our contracts when you put it like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool, now perform consistently. No need to worry about contracts for a long while.

2 years too many for my liking, we are locked into a few terrible contracts atm. Hopefully this isn’t another.

Time to deliver now Bull…

5 years.. dear lord

I'm happy that Souv is happy but this guy really needs to start delivering, even if its in the form of 30-40 goals a year at best.

Not needed, just good vibes please

I had a similar thought. LDU will sign. His comments recently about sticking with souv, jye, etc. Surely just a matter of $$
Wouldn't be hanging out for it to happen any time soon.

Pretty sure he said in that interview earlier in the year that he's not concerned if it gets done this year, as his new contracts generally get sorted at the end of life of the previous contract.

I actually think Zurhaar is one of the few who is helping to fix the problem of our terrible inside 50s.

He's started to play much less selfish over the last 10 weeks and it's creating opportunities for other players. We need to see a whole lot more of that from our forward line in general.
Agree. He's on track for a similar amount of goals as his best years yet he's very much not been a focal point this year. He has a few limitations like most players but he is a strong type to build around and he will kick some bags when we can get it forward more reliably.

5 years feel excessive on performance but super happy to see him signed on
It's all just cap space and a list spot in the end.

It'll be a good problem to have if he isn't good enough in year 5.

He deleted because he was getting abused by duckheads on insta due to grubs like Cornes in the media calling him a hypocrite and stirring up shit for not signing after bagging JHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - has re-signed until the end of 2029 - finishes 6th in the 24' SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back