Past #44: Cruize Garlett - delisted at end of 2012 season after rejecting 1yr contract extension from NM

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently he played for ballarat or bendigo i think ,at pick 80 cant really see him making a inpact might spend a year on the list then go into footy limbo . PIGS RINGHOLE cant wait to see this guy make a real inpact in 2010,got a taste for it 2009 hope he comes on in leaps and bounds like a true joey

He did some good stuff in the first half, but went missing in the second.

12 touches @ 67% efficiency, so he certainly did not do enough to cement his spot in the team.

I think he could be in trouble if SuperGav has another good game today.

Patch doesn't really play a sweeping role behind the centre.

Patch would be a candidate for Flash's spot.
Patch and Lower are fighting for the same spot IMO. Lower has it for the time being, Patch needs to fight his way back via the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games has the kid played? Whilst I agree that he hasn't set the world on fire if he was a high draft pick like cunners would you be so harsh? I think Patch, Ed and Urqs are ahead of him but reckon he would benefit from a decent little run in the 1's.

And I agree with hilly :thumbsu:

And I agree with all of you.

Although f***ed if I'm going to waste my time hating on Lower for stepping up this year to take on a genuine midfield role, and basically doing everything that has been asked of him. I'll leave that pointless pursuit to other posters. Good to see Ed make the 'Bests' last night in his first game back after a long lay-off from playing footy at the highest level. (Especially with him being not up to it, and all.) I know Bon has a fair bit of time for him, so I guess that's the most important part.

Anyways, yeah, obviously there's no waaaaaaay the side could accommodate both Patch and Ed. Will never see it happen in my lifetime. It'd be like playing Hale at FF, and naming a hatstand in the Pocket. Worlds would implode.

You people are surely extracting the urine in speaking of Gavin Urquhart in the same breath as Cruise, Sex Ed or Patch. "Super Gav" has done nothing all year at either AFL or VFL level.

OK, let me go again. I think Patch is better than Lower who is better than Super Gav who is better than Cruize.

I think the first two are definitely in our best 22 (so, on this I disagree with hilly - my bad for being unclear). Patch is emerging as one of our most important players.

The other two could be in our best 22 down the track, but both need to show more.

Unlike a lot of my posting, this one is serious.

Lower gives us another mature body in the centre and should be in the team at the moment. No hate from me, just query whether his disposal is up to scratch.

Playing the hat stand will allow Hale to get the 2nd defender.

Lower gives us another mature body in the centre and should be in the team at the moment. No hate from me, just query whether his disposal is up to scratch.

If it was one of those hatstands on wheels, our forward line mobility would improve, too.

I wasn't hating on Lower either. TOD does seem to enjoy being involved in a Lower discussion though :thumbsu:

Huge upside on Garlett for me and while the caoch is pouring games into youngsters that he feels are the future of the club, Garlett gets a few more senior games. I'd say he's just having trouble with the physicality of the AFL standard and Brisbane were very keen to hurt him last night when they had the chance.
Speedy, clean hands, good skills....he's worth an investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #44: Cruize Garlett - delisted at end of 2012 season after rejecting 1yr contract extension from NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back