Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 11: Just Biden His Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, it serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

Thanks.

Unless 19 other republican senators like romney were going to show morale courage and vote to convict, the result was not a surprise to the regular posters on this thread.
Lol. Romney and that famed moral courage the left have always banged on about.

I remember reading about Trump in the 1980's. So am reasonably well acquainted with his personality "type" Does he have narcissistic tendencies. Yes he does. But being a narcissist per se does not mean you cannot be POTUS. And he has reached the highest office in the greatest nation on the planet. Whether you like him or not it is an achievement. Look at some of the leaders of the Roman World same thing. Do we really think that humans have changed that much?
History will judge Trump..and his Presidency as no doubt a polarising character. Paul Keating described Hawke in terms of being a narcissist and Rudd also has been seen in those terms. So are we really to be outraged by this term? Only a fool would deny a narcissistic characters right to be a leader.
Interesting take... like Boombastinac, I have had experience of a narcissist in the family for quite a few years. She did massive damage, took everything she could, demanded more, raged when she couldn’t get what she wanted, then set out for revenge over the wrongs she imagined against her. I could go on and on. My take is that people with this disorder do extraordinary damage and are quite happy to destroy those who oppose them. You absolutely do not, ever, want such people in leadership positions. They might have the same “rights” if you want to see it that way, but they need to be stopped because they will inflict misery and suffering on the rest of society if they are in positions of power.

Interesting take... like Boombastinac, I have had experience of a narcissist in the family for quite a few years. She did massive damage, took everything she could, demanded more, raged when she couldn’t get what she wanted, then set out for revenge over the wrongs she imagined against her. I could go on and on. My take is that people with this disorder do extraordinary damage and are quite happy to destroy those who oppose them. You absolutely do not, ever, want such people in leadership positions. They might have the same “rights” if you want to see it that way, but they need to be stopped because they will inflict misery and suffering on the rest of society if they are in positions of power.
Concur , female narcissists are the worst particularly when they can convince authorities by lying and trying to disprove is almost impossible and is Costly in money time stress etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He really knows his audience.

I know progressives like to think Trump is dumb but following his tweets is just as dumb.

One day you will realise his tweets aren't aimed at his base. 90% of them aren't on Twitter.

Get.out of the echo chamber. The world is passing you by.

I don’t follow his tweets.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The US is in tremendous shape at the moment. Keep him in i say.

Ok.

Concur , female narcissists are the worst particularly when they can convince authorities by lying and trying to disprove is almost impossible and is Costly in money time stress etc
If I may add... A key aspect of narcissists is that they have a charisma that appeals to gullible and/or vulnerable people, who become their fans, enablers and defenders. These people will believe anything the narcissist says and do anything the narcissist wants, even in the face of overwhelming evidence or problems; they will hear no criticism or questioning of the narcissist, who then exploits them ruthlessly until the situation is disrupted by some accident or outside agency. This phenomenon explains the Trump supporters and enablers in the Republican Party, the electorate and, as strange as it seems, on an AFL footy blog in faraway Australia.

post after post decrying that people are anti Trump because of his “mien” and you go after PB’s eyebrows?

FWIW I’m warming to Bloomberg. (Mostly because of the eyebrows)
transparently AN attempt (albeit failed attempt at that) at humour.

I actually have some failures, but nonetheless thanks for the nod of confidence ✌

... but an expert on medical field actually is actually aware that one can't "give" <opinion> and provide roll call of qualifications/successes/ivyInsttns/orCedarsSinaiorBostonGeneraland spruik it to purveyors of piece in NYT or WaPo or BostonAtlantic. Your JohnsHopkins qualifications mean squat, you are playing a game OTHER than '...my professional qualifications are: ' the game being played is '..my professional and academic qualifications ARE... and you shall believe me and be so credulous because of imprimatur delegated to me an my CV but you will in NO WAY conflate this for the manifest naked piece of propaganda it is though it rejects all medical ethics that exists and runs counter to professional clinical opinion and is invalid as patient is not interviewed nor addressed '

... I know we are America, but we cannot diagnose on Oprah Elen and DrPhil...
... well we s.o.r.t.a can, this is America afterall 🤘🙌👌💪

Last edited:
If I may add... A key aspect of narcissists is that they have a charisma that appeals to gullible and/or vulnerable people, who become their fans, enablers and defenders. These people will believe anything the narcissist says and do anything the narcissist wants, even in the face of overwhelming evidence or problems; they will hear no criticism or questioning of the narcissist, who then exploits them ruthlessly until the situation is disrupted by some accident or outside agency. This phenomenon explains the Trump supporters and enablers in the Republican Party, the electorate and, as strange as it seems, on an AFL footy blog in faraway Australia.

You mean like the left believing all the FISA court mistakes and stuff ups by Brennan, Comey, Clapper etc etc etc using the Steele Dossier when they knew it was fake to keep spying etc etc was just bad luck and bad management and it really wasn't an attempted coup on a duly elected President.

You mean like those gullible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back