Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 13: Make America Golf Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShanDog

Cancelled
Podcaster
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, they serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you trying to subvert the conversation again because you know in the current climate these things can’t be addressed? It’s deemed racist to even think it now let alone say it.

Tell me whether you think there is a lack of accountability in the black community for some of the life choices they make. Go on be brave, you can do it. I’m sure you’ll only revert to some mainstream leftist doctrine anyway

Turns out it was a tiny garage door pull rope with a loop at the end that has been there since last year...

View attachment 898552

CNN link to verify:

Don't be cowards now by ignoring this post, time to own up to it fellas and apologise at the minimum 😂

Hope Bubba enjoyed his 15 minutes!
Hooray for 1 less case of racism

i guess

Let's face it, racist abuse at a NASCAR event wouldn't have been a giant shock.
The show of solidarity by the entire pitlane and organization seems to have outraged the right more than the false accusation

Jim ok.jpg

Are you trying to subvert the conversation again because you know in the current climate these things can’t be addressed? It’s deemed racist to even think it now let alone say it.

Tell me whether you think there is a lack of accountability in the black community for some of the life choices they make. Go on be brave, you can do it. I’m sure you’ll only revert to some mainstream leftist doctrine anyway
I'm not trying to "subvert the conversation". I just asked you for your response to questions you yourself posed. Why don't you just answer them?

What are the life choices you think the black community needs to be more accountable for?

I'm not trying to "subvert the conversation". I just asked you for your response to questions you yourself posed. Why don't you just answer them?

What are the life choices you think the black community needs to be more accountable for?
They’re in the original post if you had bothered to read it properly.

The symptoms I mentioned that I believe adversely affects their community is a culture that has become far too occupied in glorifying crime and objectifying women - something we see in rap music frequently. Another facet that causes instability in a community is having large amounts of children born out of wedlock and having no stable father figure in the home. We know this leads to youths finding alternative figures outside the home and these are often found through gang culture which is invariably linked to the drugs trade.

The symptoms I mentioned that I believe adversely affects their community is a culture that has become far too occupied in glorifying crime and objectifying women - something we see in rap music frequently. Another facet that causes instability in a community is having large amounts of children born out of wedlock and having no stable father figure in the home. We know this leads to youths finding alternative figures outside the home and these are often found through gang culture which is invariably linked to the drugs trade.

Have you ever talked to a black person?

Why is it that the black population struggle so much when other immigrant groups have moved to the US and fared far better. Do you hear often asian Americans blame the white man for all their problems?

How much accountability for their own actions and life choices s is there in the African American community? It seems to me there’s almost none. Why do they glorify crime through their culture like rap music? Why so many children born out of wedlock resulting in absent fathers? Why are these issues not part of the mainstream narrative?
C'mon WR, you know it disingenuous to compare Asian American immigrants against African Americans. Asian immigrants have moved into the US far later, also by free will. The history of black Americans is based in slavery, and the move to the US was not by choice. There is a defined history of legislative and cultural oppression of black people throughout the history of the US.

I have no idea where you get the idea there is no accountability as well. For years the narrative has been that it's completely on black people to "get themselves out of the ghetto" etc. Your rap comment is also pretty ignorant. Prominent black people like Kendrick Lamar and Dave Chappelle have used their music/comedy to showcase the struggles of their community to the world, raising awareness and helping with the overwhelming support as can be witnessed at the protests.

The other questions/issues you pose also pretty much describes the symptoms of systemic racism. Limiting opportunities leads to less education and employment, which in turn results in substance abuse, crime and other issues.

Children born out of wedlock, broken families, fatherless families, criminality, drugs.

Why do you think all these "choices" are getting made in black communities?

Did you know that patterns of drug use are basically the same for white and black Americans? But there is a massive discrepancy when it comes to the rate at which white and black Americans are prosecuted for the use of drugs? Black people are 13% of the population, but represent 40% of the prison population. Do you think this is purely a result of a mass of "bad choices"?

Do you think the mass incarceration of black men (1 in 9 black children has a father in prison, compared to 1 in 57 white children) has anything to with that issue in the black community? Hard to have a dad at home when he is in gaol for a crime that probably wouldn't have had him there if he was white.

Do you think any of this might have something to do with systemic racist problems in American society? Do you think that maybe this could be a result of a history in which black people were first slaves, and then second class citizens when freed? Do you think this could have anything to do with the enforced ghettoisation of black communities through a variety of legal and financial structures (red lining), which in turn undermined the opportunities for educational advancement due to public school systems that required students to attend schools in local areas that were largely funded by property taxes, ensuring that schools in white areas with higher property values were better funded and resourced?

Watch this, I think it is at your level:

The reason why rap music talks about drugs and violence is because it is an artistic response to the reality of the situation that a lot of black people find themselves in. It isn't the cause, it is a response to living in a country in which the legal, financial and educational systems have created significant barriers for social advancement.

You want the black community to take responsibility and accountability for what is going on in their communities? That is what Black Lives Matters is.

Last edited:
C'mon WR, you know it disingenuous to compare Asian American immigrants against African Americans. Asian immigrants have moved into the US far later, also by free will. The history of black Americans is based in slavery, and the move to the US was not by choice. There is a defined history of legislative and cultural oppression of black people throughout the history of the US.

I have no idea where you get the idea there is no accountability as well. For years the narrative has been that it's completely on black people to "get themselves out of the ghetto" etc. Your rap comment is also pretty ignorant. Prominent black people like Kendrick Lamar and Dave Chappelle have used their music/comedy to showcase the struggles of their community to the world, raising awareness and helping with the overwhelming support as can be witnessed at the protests.

The other questions/issues you pose also pretty much describes the symptoms of systemic racism. Limiting opportunities leads to less education and employment, which in turn results in substance abuse, crime and other issues.
I’m not saying everything is on African Americans themselves, there are clearly obstacles they can be helped with.

So what are you suggesting is done to pull them out of their rut? Can you see a time when African Americans act and behave by and large the same way as other Americans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Children born out of wedlock, broken families, fatherless families, criminality, drugs.

Did you know that patterns of drug use are basically the same for white and black Americans? But there is a massive discrepancy when it comes to the rate at which white and black Americans are prosecuted for the use of drugs? Black people are 13% of the population, but represent 40% of the prison population. Do you think this is purely a result of a mass of "bad choices"?

Do you think the mass incarceration of black men (1 in 9 black children has a father in prison, compared to 1 in 57 white children) has anything to with that issue in the black community? Hard to have a dad at home when he is in gaol for a crime that probably wouldn't have had him there if he was white.

Do you think any of this might have something to do with systemic racist problems in American society? Do you think that maybe this could be a result of a history in which black people were first slaves, and then second class citizens when freed? Do you think this could have anything to do with the enforced ghettoisation of black communities through a variety of legal and financial structures (red lining), which in turn undermined the opportunities for educational advancement due to public school systems that required students to attend schools in local areas that were largely funded by property taxes, ensuring that schools in white areas with higher property values were better funded and resourced?

The reason why rap music talks about drugs and violence is because it is an artistic response to the reality of the situation that a lot of black people find themselves in. It isn't the cause, it is a response to living in a country in which the legal, financial and educational systems have created significant barriers for social advancement.

You want the black community to take responsibility and accountability for what is going on in their communities? That is what Black Lives Matters is.
Google search?

Unfortunately many schools in Victoria don't sing Christmas carols now, and the Andrews government has tested the water with banning them. Give it time.
Let's assume this is true. How does this stop you and your family celebrating Christmas however you choose?

Why do you need the seal of approval from schools?

You say you abhor identity politics but you are utterly captured by it when you feel (erroneously) that your identity is being threatened.

There are also many schools publishing newsletters in Mandarin and other non english languages... it's a sick world out there m8.
More identity politics.

Surely people can publish newsletters in whatever language they please. You don't have to read them.

Or should publications in foreign languages be censored? Should the government intervene to stamp this out?

The contradictions abound.

But western nations are consistently voting right wing for now, so she'll be right.
Define "the west".

Your ability to discuss anything is limited to three countries over the past four years? You advertise your stupidity again and again.

On one hand, you say you don't like identity politics. But you clutch your pearls due to an imaginary threat to Christmas. Apart from being complete nonsense, it's also pure identity politics.

You say you don't like political correctness and/or censorship. But if someone kneels during a national anthem, you wet your pants because it's "negative". That is merely your version of political correctness.

How do you explain these obvious inconsistencies?

Unfortunately many schools in Victoria don't sing Christmas carols now, and the Andrews government has tested the water with banning them. Give it time. There are also many schools publishing newsletters in Mandarin and other non english languages... it's a sick world out there m8. But western nations are consistently voting right wing for now, so she'll be right. We will overcome you divisive types who can't pull the string to open your own damn curtains without thinking you've experienced a hate crime.

Clear as mud?

We need to keep that religious nonsense out of schools and away from children.

Didn't watch the video but I was impressed by her political transformation - "I became a conservative overnight ... I realized that liberals were actually the racists. Liberals were actually the trolls ... Social Autopsy is why I'm conservative".
She got paid.

Big surprise: you've got no information and are easily impressed.

Watch this, I think it is at your level:

None of your points have addressed why other communities came to America and succeeded. Even Italians and the Irish were once regarded as “nigrs” when they first arrived. All these groups faced discrimination, but they didn’t become entrenched in deprivation the way African Americans have.

Other than that your whole post is a diatribe of guilt ridden, apologist nonsense. You offer up zero accountability for anyone’s current actions because once upon a time they were a persecuted people. Giving people such a free reign on poor life choices is really going to work out well isn’t it!

I actually can’t believe what the education system is turfing out with this liberal minded claptrap. We are heading for absolute disaster

Why is it that the black population struggle so much when other immigrant groups have moved to the US and fared far better. Do you hear often asian Americans blame the white man for all their problems?
Dumb question.

This ignores the legacy of slavery. Even after the civil war, black folks got a raw deal for decades. It's not comparable to immigrants who moved to the US after WW2.

Tell me whether you think there is a lack of accountability in the black community for some of the life choices they make.
What do you mean by "accountability"? You think they're not held accountable by the justice system?

What do you mean by "the black community" and "the choices they make"?

It's not a hive mind.

Last edited:
None of your points have addresEd why other communities came to America and succeeded. Even Italians and the Irish were once regarded as “nigrs” when they first arrived. All these groups faced discrimination, but they didn’t become entrenched in deprivation the way African Americans have.

Other than that your whole post is a diatribe of guilt ridden, apologist nonsense. You offer up zero accountability for anyone’s current actions because once upon a time they were a persecuted people. Giving people such a free reign on poor life choices is really going to work out well isn’t it!

I actually can’t believe what the education system is turfing out with this liberal minded claptrap. We are heading for absolute disaster

None of those migrant groups faced the same types of institutional racism as black people, stemming from slavery and then segregation.

It is the same as in Australia. That the racism against the Irish, or the Italians, or the Greeks, or te Lebanese, or the Chinese, or the Vietnamese lessened over time as each succesive wave of migration was accomodated within an increasingly multiculturual Australia, doesn't change the fact that none of these groups had to deal with that the uniquely shit situation Aboriginal Australians faced as a colonised people and so it makes no sense to suggest these are equivalent experiences from which we should expect equivalent outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back