Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like prison time is highly unlikely but I’d love to see a community service order imposed with enough hours to severely inconvenience his campaigning - ideally something suitably demeaning like picking up rubbish while wearing orange pair overalls in the company of other convicted criminals.

Prison time is not out of the question. This report examined over 10,000 similar cases in New York:

Falsifying records in the first degree is a class E felony, punishable by a maximum of four years in prison and a $5,000 fine. Class E felonies generally carry indeterminate sentences, meaning that the court is authorized to impose a sentence within a certain range. For indeterminate sentences, the court often imposes a minimum and a maximum, with the minimum representing the amount of time the defendant must serve before being eligible for parole. For Class E felonies, the lowest sentencing range is one to three years, and the highest range is 1 ⅓ to four years. However, for defendants with limited or no criminal history such as Trump, there is no minimum sentence. A court can impose an alternative sentence of a fixed term of less than one year of incarceration, based upon the nature of the crime and the defendant’s “history and character.”

This means the judge will have discretion in imposing a sentence, taking into account the seriousness of the conduct on which Trump is convicted, the evidence at trial, Trump’s testimony, and other factors.

There is precedent for imposing a sentence of incarceration for a defendant with no criminal history convicted of falsifying records, although the cases typically include other serious charges. In 2015, an executive of a building construction company was sentenced to two days per week in jail for one year for a bribery scheme in which he falsified records to conceal improper payments to secure a client’s business. (The ringleader received a sentence of 2 to 6 years plus a $500,000 forfeiture on other charges.) In two cases in 2013, corporate executives received sentences of four and six months for falsifying records to misclassify more than $1 million of their salaries as expenses as part of a larger scheme involving bribery and fraud by their employer. And as discussed above, Weisselberg received a five-month jail sentence and five months’ probation for pleading guilty to all 15 counts, including four falsifying records counts, although the other charges included other serious offenses such as grand larceny, offering a false document for filing and scheme to defraud.

I am curious if on the far corners of the www there is a thread with 19 parts and over 100 thousand posts from americans about Australia's PM. Think about how weird that would be.
Of course not skip, that's because Australia's PM has virtually zero effect on world affairs - unlike the US prez.

Prison time is not out of the question. This report examined over 10,000 similar cases in New York:

Falsifying records in the first degree is a class E felony, punishable by a maximum of four years in prison and a $5,000 fine. Class E felonies generally carry indeterminate sentences, meaning that the court is authorized to impose a sentence within a certain range. For indeterminate sentences, the court often imposes a minimum and a maximum, with the minimum representing the amount of time the defendant must serve before being eligible for parole. For Class E felonies, the lowest sentencing range is one to three years, and the highest range is 1 ⅓ to four years. However, for defendants with limited or no criminal history such as Trump, there is no minimum sentence. A court can impose an alternative sentence of a fixed term of less than one year of incarceration, based upon the nature of the crime and the defendant’s “history and character.”

This means the judge will have discretion in imposing a sentence, taking into account the seriousness of the conduct on which Trump is convicted, the evidence at trial, Trump’s testimony, and other factors.

There is precedent for imposing a sentence of incarceration for a defendant with no criminal history convicted of falsifying records, although the cases typically include other serious charges. In 2015, an executive of a building construction company was sentenced to two days per week in jail for one year for a bribery scheme in which he falsified records to conceal improper payments to secure a client’s business. (The ringleader received a sentence of 2 to 6 years plus a $500,000 forfeiture on other charges.) In two cases in 2013, corporate executives received sentences of four and six months for falsifying records to misclassify more than $1 million of their salaries as expenses as part of a larger scheme involving bribery and fraud by their employer. And as discussed above, Weisselberg received a five-month jail sentence and five months’ probation for pleading guilty to all 15 counts, including four falsifying records counts, although the other charges included other serious offenses such as grand larceny, offering a false document for filing and scheme to defraud.

Trump calling judge corrupt every court day may not be a good move

Oh boy an eight goal final quarter last night and now the malignant narcissist is a convicted felon. Could this Friday get any better.

Animated GIF
With a healthy dose of Alex Marcou thrown in.......

I believe anyone that was going to vote for Trump will not be swayed by this trial. I mean, the pundits have been saying for years how crazy Trump voters are.
One would think the determinant shall be Democrat voters staying home. Trump was elected in 2016 by virtue of the Bernie Sanders voters becoming disillusioned and ‘staying at home’. Hence the concern with Palestinian ‘situation’.

Last edited:
It more come down to the Democrat voters staying home. Trump was elected in 2016 by virtue of the Bernie Sanders voters staying at home. Why the concern with Palestinian ‘issue’.

Don't know Mick. I don't believe the polls. But I don't believe people that were voting for Trump will be swayed by the trial. I also cannot believe that the choice for the people of USA is 2 clown zombies (again).

Remember (R)'s are monsters.

Not all republicans are MAGA nutjobs, many are quite decent people who are appalled at trump’s behaviour and trashing of American democracy and institutions. A felony conviction will certainly keep many dyed in the wool republicans away from the ballot box in November.
Agree. I don’t think Donald being found guilty is going to win him back all the Nikki Haley protest votes against him lately. It’s just going to confirm their thoughts he is not fit for office.
Trump’s initial reaction to the verdict wasn’t that of someone who thought it helps him in any way.

**** me. Now the algo is going to give me wall to wall Trump is innocent stories.:thumbsu:
You can handle it especially if they focus on the sweetest part of it all and that is the categories that he puts down all the time in women and black people are the ones that took him down.

Wonderful reading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all republicans are MAGA nutjobs, many are quite decent people who are appalled at trump’s behaviour and trashing of American democracy and institutions. A felony conviction will certainly keep many died in the wool republicans away from the ballot box in November.

Anyone that votes for Trump is a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back