Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall when Queen Elizabeth was last in Adelaide she did an open air walk along North Terrace. From my building balcony on North Terrace I could see police snipers set up on the tops of several tall buildings covering any possible shooter vantage point along the walk.

That the US secret service agents apparently did not do this and even then ignored crowd warnings of a person with a rifle climbing along the roof of a building just beggars belief.

Yes, I saw the same thing years ago when Prince Charles and Diana visited Adelaide. I remember being shocked at the time, as I'd never seen anything like it or thought about it happening.

I guess you don't want to be sitting behind a prominent political figure because you might cop the bullet intended for the would-be assassination victim.
Sitting right behind him will be a new avenue for people to signal their ultimate loyalty to Trump.

They will compete with each other for the approval of Trump and other supporters.

i know the secret service have a "zone". but i would have thought 100m was well within that
100 feet used. Emergency talks currently happening discussing the potential need to finally move to the metric system to avoid this in the future

You know what you said. All the best to you, a horrible mindset to have.

exactly what's wrong with politics.

the guy i like isnt winning, so the other guy should be dead.

Thats how you get lunatics on roofs with sniper rifles killing innocent people.

Yes, I saw the same thing years ago when Prince Charles and Diana visited Adelaide. I remember being shocked at the time, as I'd never seen anything like it or thought about it happening.
I was at an event they were at and I couldnt see - nor did I look to be honest - for any overt security

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly what's wrong with politics.

the guy i like isnt winning, so the other guy should be dead.

Thats how you get lunatics on roofs with sniper rifles killing innocent people.

I get the hatred - he’s an insipid man. But also not shocked at the hard ons this morning at the news.

I read this in Russian
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

An end of democracy? 😂 How insane are you? He’s already been president. What did he do then? Was he hitler? Takes like this are beyond laughable. Talking like the end of the world if he’s elected when he’s already been president…

The world didn’t end…
Dictators who were democratically elected take 10 years to become dictators. Look at Putin and Erdogen. It doesnt happen over night. You have to get all your guys into positions of power and this takes time.

In the US you need to have the supreme court, the military, congress and have those on your party in congress basically be yes men.

In Trumps first term he didnt have this. Republicans in positions of power rejected his attempts to overthrow the election. The military would also not intervene. By the end of his second term Trump might very well have all that he needs. Supreme court just ruled he can do what he likes. The Republicans are basically the TRUMP party now. If he wins both Houses which looks highly likely now then all that stops him is not getting enough of his guys into positions of power within the military.

Oh the irony that the military complex could be the only thing that may save US democracy.

Last edited:
The last time the Democrats were angry enough to attempt to assassinate a President was when Republicans took their slaves away
So, you’re not actually appalled by anything on display here, your post was only about partisan point-scoring.

I’ll put you on Ignore right away, and thank you for so eloquently letting me know that I won’t be missing out on anything of value by doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back