Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I disagree. I agree with David Attenborough

And so you should. Doesn’t mean killing someone on live tv is the answer.

There’s no point of banging on about how good your morals are if you’re then cheering on someone to be shot dead on live tv with millions watching. Youre just as cooked.

I hope those of you in here who have been spitting vitriol and hatred about Trump for 8 years realise that you have contributed to this sick twisted society where someone feels the need to attempt to assassinate a President of the United States.
If you knew anything about US history (but clearly you don’t) you’d understand that tragically, this sort of thing has been going on with monotonous regularity in US politics pretty much for the length and breadth of its 200+ year history.

First assassination attempt on a sitting president was all the way back in 1835, and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of attempts on candidates going that far back if not further. And they have continued with dismaying regularity ever since. Just in recent decades there’s been attempts on the lives of Ford, Carter and Reagan.

“Business” as usual for America, sad to say.

It’s almost like if a nation allows its citizens laughably easy access to multiple firearms, people might get shot quite frequently.

But sure, continue to prosecute your quaint case that posts on an Australian Football forum have contributed in some measurable way to this incident in Pennsylvania, USA.

I am not posting it in here but if anyone wants to check out some of the vision and the shooter with secret service agents with the shooter check this feed.

Well they say the point of Americans owning guns was to protect them from a tyrannical government…..

will be interesting when a tyrannical government actually shows up, until then. Just another lunatic with a gun.

This is absolutely the last thing that needed to happen.
Yes - largely because it and the video, pics and heroics will gift Trump the presidency. I am currently trying to imagine Biden ducking down and aside in the same scenario. If agilely ducking and weaving are prerequisites for presidency, Biden is in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may need to go outside and touch some grass.
Extraordinarily dumb response, given that assassinations, by definition, involve targets of enough importance to not be filed under regular old murder, they often shock the world. Obviously you are not shocked, nor care about the democratic process.

And so you should. Doesn’t mean killing someone on live tv is the answer.

There’s no point of banging on about how good your morals are if you’re then cheering on someone to be shot dead on live tv with millions watching. Youre just as cooked.
I never said that but there's no doubt the world would be a better place without him.

Extraordinarily dumb response, given that assassinations, by definition, involve targets of enough importance to not be filed under regular old murder, they often shock the world. Obviously you are not shocked, nor care about the democratic process.
Did you touch grass or not

I recall when Queen Elizabeth was last in Adelaide she did an open air walk along North Terrace. From my office balcony on North Terrace I could see police snipers set up on the tops of several tall buildings covering any possible shooter vantage point along the walk.

That the US secret service agents apparently did not do this and even then ignored crowd warnings of a person with a rifle climbing along the roof of a building just beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back