Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My central point stands. Even if tribalism is the same impulse in evidence in both American political rallies and Australian football crowds, the easy availability of firearms in the US and the alarmingly violent rhetoric found in its current political discourse - particularly emanating from some of Trump’s less savoury fellow travellers - make the former expression of tribalism considerably more dangerous than the latter.

I completely agree.

But I’d go further and suggest that what really makes it dangerous is that politics is consequential. As a simple example, good / bad COVID response, general healthcare policies, military responses, regulation, etc, etc save / kill far more people than die or are injured in the US due to gun violence.

Footy is not that.

Which is why, as I’ve said, it’s concerning when people apply footy-esque-tribalism to their politics.

I am awaiting the 4th miracle

The miracle of the healing touch by Kenneth Copeland where all scars are removed
im amazed the evangelical nutters havent pushed the 'he has risen' nonsense (maybe they have and ive just not seen it)

we had the mad pipe bomber waxing lyrical about 'seeing an angel' along with other assorted 'touched by god' efforts ...... but not the 'he has risen' cr@p

I have a question for our right wingers/conservatives.

You frequently talk a big game concerning how little you trust politicians to act on their better natures or to tell you the truth. With this in mind, why do you trust Donald Trump when he tells you that he isn't affiliated with those who want to institute Project 2025?
Who's to say they even care if it's true or false?

im amazed the evangelical nutters havent pushed the 'he has risen' nonsense (maybe they have and ive just not seen it)

we had the mad pipe bomber waxing lyrical about 'seeing an angel' along with other assorted 'touched by god' efforts ...... but not the 'he has risen' cr@p
Not to mention how apparently god saved Donald Trump but god didn’t save a volunteer firefighter who died shielding his family from the shots.

Next time a sportsperson thanks god for helping them win tell them to eff off. It’s the same thing.

They might be nutters, but they’re not stupid.

Nobody seriously believes that Trump would ever be a man of faith. But what Trump does do is support evangelical causes, such as appointment of SC justices who repeal Rowe v Wade. And I guess for many that is enough.

Who's to say they even care if it's true or false?
Because if he's not lying when he says he's not associated with Project 2025, they're completely right about the lefty hysteria around a second term. Trump goes on and is a wacky, self interested liar who doesn't do irreparable damage to the fabric of democracy in that country with a second term. He continues using government as a tool of self remuneration, but falls well short of making the permanent changes that would result in the government there becoming more fascist.

If they think he's lying - because all politicians lie and he's one of the most transparent liars ever - then the question changes: are they completely copacetic with everything Project 2025 wants for American society?

Even an 'it's complicated' is an interesting idea, because it'd involve a deeper exploration.

Last edited:

Nobody seriously believes that Trump would ever be a man of faith. But what Trump does do is support evangelical causes, such as appointment of SC judges who repeal Rowe v Wade. And I guess for many that is enough.
That's what gets me thinking the most about his supporters- Trump has never been a Christian with his behaviour being the absolute opposite to how a real man of faith goes about his or her life. He couldn't even tell an interviewer around 8 years ago his favourite biblical passage. Biden however is a Catholic who generally is a humble and respectful man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to mention how apparently god saved Donald Trump but god didn’t save a volunteer firefighter who died shielding his family from the shots.

Next time a sportsperson thanks god for helping them win tell them to eff off. It’s the same thing.
'' I cant believe I won the Oscar - I wanna thank God for picking 4 losers to put me up against - thanks God for truly believing in me and casting those losers out''

Not that weird.

As a candidate Trump is not obliged to disclose anything except his eligibility (US citizen, > 35 years old, hasn’t already served two terms)

Yeah, it’s typically in a candidate’s best interests to be transparent - but with Trump that ship sailed a long time ago when he stalled the release of his tax returns.
I guess he can't really claim he was "shot" until he does release proof.

Sure he was "shot at" but it's not quite the same.

That's what gets me thinking the most about his supporters- Trump has never been a Christian with his behaviour being the absolute opposite to how a real man of faith goes about his or her life. He couldn't even tell an interviewer around 8 years ago his favourite biblical passage.

Hah, yeah, reminds me of the Sarah Cooper parody …

Biden however is a Catholic who generally is a humble and respectful man.

Not sure that the full evangelical spectrum always see eye-to-eye with the Catholics.

That's what gets me thinking the most about his supporters- Trump has never been a Christian with his behaviour being the absolute opposite to how a real man of faith goes about his or her life.
To be fair Don does have some traits similar to many churchmen around the world

Nobody seriously believes that Trump would ever be a man of faith. But what Trump does do is support evangelical causes, such as appointment of SC justices who repeal Rowe v Wade. And I guess for many that is enough.
a lot of them are stupid ....... gullible b@tsh*t crazy stupid

If that was the case the other side should win the election in a landslide! Nobody would vote for Donnie otherwise!!
My point stands..no depth of character and an intellectual nobody. However the current GOP aren't after an articulate, intelligent leader.

That's what gets me thinking the most about his supporters- Trump has never been a Christian with his behaviour being the absolute opposite to how a real man of faith goes about his or her life. He couldn't even tell an interviewer around 8 years ago his favourite biblical passage. Biden however is a Catholic who generally is a humble and respectful man.
They totally know he’s an amoral cheating braggart non-Christian, but they really do believe he’s been sent by god to do god’s work (personally I think an all-powerful being could probably do a far better job with direct intervention, but I’m the last person you want to talk to for explication of goatherder woo-woo diegesis.)

Nobody is jealous of a man such as Trump. No depth to character and just an absolute mess of a human.
And yet for all his flaws and his clear psychotic egoistical character traits this convicted felon and proven pathological liar has been President of the US once and looks likely to be one a second time with cult-like status amongst his supporters.

That support is particularly strong from those from low educated and working class white backgrounds who clearly feel most at threat from the socio-economic changes that have taken place in their lifetimes and have left them feeling stranded and isolated.

I definitely think there would be many people from all sides of politics who would be envious of how he has been able to do this - even if they violently disagree with his positioning on just about everything.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe the gunman did have a presence on Bigfooty? 🤔

And rather curiously, it appears that Fox New is advocating that the US Government should be able to track its citizens, and that the Government is incompetent for not being able to do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back