Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Senate.

Sure, and the Republicans could reasonably be branded hypocrites for confirming Amy Coney Barrett in the same circumstances.

But how many people do you think judge their politicians on the basis of ‘fair’ and ‘reasonable’?
This is a shifting of the goalposts.

Your post opened with this line:
That’s not unreasonable, and it happens all the time .
... when Schedule F and refusing to hold a vote on a SC nominee are not reasonable or regular occurrences.

The Taliban run Afghanistan, who was going to imprison them?

As for NATO who knows. But the USA probably feel to man countries are mooching off their Military.
A deal was struck during Trump Presidency by Pompeo and Trump to get the Afghan government to release the thousands of Taliban prisoners.
In return the Taliban gave a promise that terrorists would not operate on Afghan soil again.
How did that work out?

I have a question for our right wingers/conservatives.

You frequently talk a big game concerning how little you trust politicians to act on their better natures or to tell you the truth. With this in mind, why do you trust Donald Trump when he tells you that he isn't affiliated with those who want to institute Project 2025?

Most Australian footy fans don’t run to the gun cabinet if their team loses.

How many times have Americans run to the gun cabinet when their political team has lost?

OTTOMH …

• Giffords
  • Scalese
  • Ford x2

Have I missed any? (Trump and Reagan weren’t shot because somebody’s ‘team’ lost)

You frequently talk a big game concerning how little you trust politicians to act on their better natures or to tell you the truth. With this in mind, why do you trust Donald Trump when he tells you that he isn't affiliated with those who want to institute Project 2025?

Because he seems more openly like an arseh*le, so must be telling the truth.

Seems to be the logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet they won’t answer, logically.

This is a shifting of the goalposts.

Your post opened with this line:

... when Schedule F and refusing to hold a vote on a SC nominee are not reasonable or regular occurrences.

My “Happens all the time” was responding to the comment about Project 2025 & Trump claiming that they’re not directly linked to each other.

Trump and Federalist Society aren’t directly linked to each other either, but that didn’t / wouldn’t stop Trump from picking up the phone and asking for them to suggest a FC / SC judge.

A deal was struck during Trump Presidency by Pompeo and Trump to get the Afghan government to release the thousands of Taliban prisoners.
In return the Taliban gave a promise that terrorists would not operate on Afghan soil again.
How did that work out?
Have we had a major terrorist attack since?

Regardless can the USA police Afghanistan forever? What’s the end game.

In terms of cultishness, they're different.

Red MAGA are focused on Trump the Leader, not the Party. He has dismantled the GOP and made it his own. They follow Trump, not the Republican Party.

Blue MAGA are focused on the Party. They will follow whoever the leader is, but very easily switch to the new leader. They follow the Democratic Party, not the specific leader.

IMO, this kind of thing points to how we got here.

This left wing / right wing language that brings people’s egos into it divides the world into ‘us’ and ‘them’.

Just because somebody is a Conservative / Liberal, it doesn’t mean that they align themselves with Trump’s / Biden’s values. And when they get tarred with Trump’s / Biden’a perceived faults … they’ve got a choice of (a) putting up with it or (b) changing the channel over to an echo chamber.

Well I’m using a turn of phrase, but Jan 6th ring a bell?

Apart from (a) the guns in use by the security services and (b) guns that some attendees had stashed away at a remote location and didn’t access, I don’t remember guns being involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back