Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging Gethelred! Congrats to Nikita Blue for our new thread title!

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

< - Trump Part 18 is back there.
UPDATE: Trump Shooter named.

Last edited by a moderator:
OneGreatClub a disagree button is not a valid counterargument.

How do you suggest Joe Biden wins? Be practical. You and I would both vote for his ****ing corpse over Trump if those were the only options, but it is abundantly clear that the tide of public opinion in America isn't swaying that way. How do you think the 81 year old man who today referred to Ukraine President Putin and Vice-President Trump is going to have the ability to get voters back on his side?

OneGreatClub a disagree button is not a valid counterargument.

How do you suggest Joe Biden wins? Be practical. You and I would both vote for his ****ing corpse over Trump if those were the only options, but it is abundantly clear that the tide of public opinion in America isn't swaying that way. How do you think the 81 year old man who today referred to Ukraine President Putin and Vice-President Trump is going to have the ability to get voters back on his side?
I think the Dems need to focus on his achievements. He gets things done. He got things done, he ran his administration well and he appears to care for the average Joe over there. He has a good VP to take over if need be but I believe putting her up instead of him is a mistake. I was never a big fan of him but think he did well this last 4 years. He is astute on foreign policy too.

Just my opinion from what I see and hear.
I do follow it very closely.
He is old, not demented.

Look if the Dems want him gone well that is for them to decide but the pile on and stuff about his gaffes, when Trump spurts one out every second sentence is ridiculous.
I think it’s a ploy by those who actually don’t want the Dems to win.
My opinion. I stand by it.
Time will tell.
Happy to be proven wrong if someone else is able to beat Trump, but I doubt it.

I think the Dems need to focus on his achievements. He gets things done. He got things done, he ran his administration well and he appears to care for the average Joe over there. He has a good VP to take over if need be but I believe putting her up instead of him is a mistake. I was never a big fan of him but think he did well this last 4 years. He is astute on foreign policy too.
People already know all of this and he's still losing. People already know how godawful Trump is and he's still winning. What's going to change?

When you're losing, unless you want to keep losing, you don't just stick with the same losing plan and hope for the best. You try something different. If it doesn't work, oh well, you would've lost anyway if you hadn't tried it.

People already know all of this and he's still losing. People already know how godawful Trump is and he's still winning. What's going to change?

When you're losing, unless you want to keep losing, you don't just stick with the same losing plan and hope for the best. You try something different. If it doesn't work, oh well, you would've lost anyway if you hadn't tried it.
So if someone replaces him and the Dems lose you can just say Biden would have lost anyway?
No proof of that really.

Anyway I am just stating my view.
There will be angry voters who chose Biden in the Primaries who might refuse to vote if he is given the flick, to their own detriment of course.

Believe me, having a Ukrainian family, I feel extremely strongly that I want Trump demolished, especially knowing that he intends to put Ukraine out to dry if he wins. It will be heartbreaking.
There’s not much more to say as in the end it isn’t my decision or yours, his party will have to decide in the end.

So if someone replaces him and the Dems lose you can just say Biden would have lost anyway?
No proof of that really.
No definitive proof, but plenty of solid evidence. The polls say what they say. His support is flatlining since the debate disaster.
There will be angry voters who chose Biden in the Primaries who might refuse to vote if he is given the flick, to their own detriment of course.
I reckon of the 150 million or so voters in America, the ones who are so passionate about Joe ****ing Biden of all people that they would refuse to vote for any other Democratic candidate could probably squeeze themselves into a phone booth.

I'm more worried about the ones who aren't going to bother getting out to vote for an 81 year old man who rightly or wrongly is being presented (and not without some compelling evidence, no matter how much you want to complain about Trump's gaffes not getting the same media attention) as too senile to run a country.

No proof of that really.

Anyway I am just stating my view.

Believe me, having a Ukrainian family, I feel extremely strongly that I want Trump demolished, especially knowing that he intends to put Ukraine out to dry if he wins. It will be heartbreaking.
There’s not much more to say as in the end it isn’t my decision or yours, his party will have to decide in the end.

Common the Democrat primaries were a sham.

The idea you have passionate Biden people who will protest and refuse to vote make up some percentage of people which is somewhere between negligible to nil.

There is no cult of biden, he doesn’t have a charisma about him like Obama or Bill Clinton or some unique vision which could galvanise people like a Bernie Sanders.

He’s a standard corporate democrat, with added negatives of cognitive decline and being very old. The message to vote for him is “if you don’t vote for me you get Trump, so it’s your fault if we don’t win”. It’s not a positive message, it’s pure negativity.

Now you me and many others would consider that compared to other Democrat administrations, he has probably achieved more substantive policy than any democratic govt of the past 50 years.

The problem - he is still down in the polls and has obviously not been able to sell his message. Trump told his usual fact free instance crap in the debate which Biden did bugger all to refute.

Newsom would have killed Trump in that debate, Gretchen too. Pretty sure Harris would have too.

No definitive proof, but plenty of solid evidence. The polls say what they say. His support is flatlining since the debate disaster.

I reckon of the 150 million or so voters in America, the ones who are so passionate about Joe ****ing Biden of all people that they would refuse to vote for any other Democratic candidate could probably squeeze themselves into a phone booth.

I'm more worried about the ones who aren't going to bother getting out to vote for an 81 year old man who rightly or wrongly is being presented (and not without some compelling evidence, no matter how much you want to complain about Trump's gaffes not getting the same media attention) as too senile to run a country.

The problem OneGreatClub has is they are looking at things the way they should be. Yes ideally Trump being a wannabe dictator should be way worse a problem than Biden, whose administration has been pretty successful getting stuff done (by the low bar of previous administrations admittedly but still).

But looking at cold hard facts, he was stuffed in the polls before the debate and needed a lot to go right to claw things back, and this was BEFORE the debate. They organised the debate early as they thought they had to get in early to change things up.

Now it’s irrecoverable, it’s beyond gone. He can’t campaign or sell the achievements of his administration. He hasn’t been able to do it previously and he can’t do it now.

He is right that his experience in Congress helped him get shit done previously, but again the voters aren’t buying what he is selling. Bottom line, swing voters, independents and apathetic democrats don’t want him and he’s not energising them to vote.

Common the Democrat primaries were a sham.

The idea you have passionate Biden people who will protest and refuse to vote make up some percentage of people which is somewhere between negligible to nil.

There is no cult of biden, he doesn’t have a charisma about him like Obama or Bill Clinton or some unique vision which could galvanise people like a Bernie Sanders.

He’s a standard corporate democrat, with added negatives of cognitive decline and being very old. The message to vote for him is “if you don’t vote for me you get Trump, so it’s your fault if we don’t win”. It’s not a positive message, it’s pure negativity.

Now you me and many others would consider that compared to other Democrat administrations, he has probably achieved more substantive policy than any democratic govt of the past 50 years.

The problem - he is still down in the polls and has obviously not been able to sell his message. Trump told his usual fact free instance crap in the debate which Biden did bugger all to refute.

Newsom would have killed Trump in that debate, Gretchen too. Pretty sure Harris would have too.
Yes, true, I get it that in the US, the country of Evangelical revivalist rallies, many love a charismatic leader who says their problems will be solved through him and are very susceptible to con artists.

Substance doesn’t matter quite so much.

I get it that Biden is boring.

I have liked what I have seen of Newsom and I get that people like shiny new things but polls have shown he would be less successful than Biden against Trump.

I still argue that Biden is the best chance, his Economy has performed so well that MAGA can afford to buy Trump’s Golden boots and Bibles, and I just don’t see who a viable replacement could be if the Dems push him out anyway.

This disruption and supposed division within the Dem camp is what will create the most problem. They need to grow some balls imo, attack attack, stick together, fight back at the media and focus on Biden’s achievements, talk about the horrors of project 25, continue to expose again and again Trump’s lies and his being in bed with despots.

As for any other options, Michelle Obama’s name has been brought up but, just like Kamala, her colour could be a problem there, and she is apparently not interested in taking on the role.
Buttiegig speaks well but is openly gay so once again that might be a bridge too far.

It is sad the seemingly dearth of options in such a massive country.

It is also disappointing how easily Trump avoids accountability and how much dark and foreign money is behind him.

Last edited:
I'm not ignoing anything, what you're doing is exactly what Trump wants you to do. Make it a vote on Biden, not the convicted felon the GOP are running.

No, Biden isn't a good candidate. But the other guy is significantly worse.

Even the left bias media is making this all about Biden. If you think this is somehow a Trump strategy, then you haven't been paying attention.

I have liked what I have seen of Newsom and I get that people like shiny new things but polls have shown he would be less successful than Biden against Trump.
Of course they have, he (or Whitmer or whoever else) doesn't have the public profile that comes with a campaign yet. Give them a chance to run an election campaign and who knows what could happen to those polls? Biden on the other hand is already in the midst of his chance and he's failing spectacularly.
I still argue that Biden is the best chance, his Economy has performed so well that MAGA can afford to buy Trump’s Golden boots and Bibles, and I just don’t see who a viable replacement could be if the Dems push him out anyway.
You're not getting it. You're still stuck thinking about how things should be rather than how they are. Admirable, but foolish, and at a time where the Democratic Party absolutely cannot afford to be foolish.

'Biden's economy' has already happened. The voters have lived through it already. Even taking it into account, he's still losing. Something has to change or Trump is getting elected.
This disruption and supposed division within the Dem camp is what will create the most problem.
Overrated. An Australian should know better. Our leaders knife each other so often it's become a meme, and it never made any difference on election day. Voters don't care about 'disunity', they care who their leader is going to be.
They need to grow some balls imo,
Sticking with a failing status quo is not 'growing some balls', it's the exact opposite.
attack attack, stick together, fight back at the media and focus on Biden’s achievements, talk about the horrors of project 25, continue to expose again and again Trump’s lies and his being in bed with despots.
Again, they're already doing this. It's not working.
It is also disappointing how easily Trump avoids accountability and how much dark and foreign money is behind him.
You're right, it is sad. But it's also the reality. That's why it's so important for the Democrats to win this election. Too important for them to stick with a losing strategy out of loyalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the left bias media is making this all about Biden. If you think this is somehow a Trump strategy, then you haven't been paying attention.
Still waiting on you to let us know whether the 2016 election was rigged mate. Just a yes or no answer please. There's a good lad.

It literally is a Trump strategy. He’s been hammering the cognitive line for years, now the media have been sucked in to his game.

They’re posting breathlessly about Biden and aren’t mentioning the convicted felon and sex offender the GOP are running. If there were actual background checks for guns over there Trump would almost certainly fail them.

It literally is a Trump strategy. He’s been hammering the cognitive line for years, now the media have been sucked in to his game.

They’re posting breathlessly about Biden and aren’t mentioning the convicted felon and sex offender the GOP are running. If there were actual background checks for guns over there Trump would almost certainly fail them.

Do you really think the media, especially the left media like CNN would get sucked into a Trump strategy? Maybe they are reporting on something called.....news.

Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back