Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew there was a reason I hated Teslas....,beyond the smug look of their drivers.

View attachment 2051310

Musk obviously only pretends to care about climate change.

Haven’t been to NYC post covid but always seemed safe

What is your understanding of the term “woke”?

I hear it all the time. Everyone is woke but I can never seem to pinpoint who it is. Maybe it’s me. I just don’t know.
Woke used to have a meaning, now it’s just whatever makes conservatives angry.

IDK, spamming comments in friendlyjordies YT channel demanding he disavow his mate?

lol Jordies, he has his brand:

Never criticise Labor ever

Act anti woke

Don’t criticise Trump or wade into American politics

Tip toe around Israel/palestine

Say all media left or right suck (so who can be trusted? Oh only him!)

Woke used to have a meaning, now it’s just whatever makes conservatives angry.
Life was so much simpler when our only problem was the Earth being flat

Exactly… the average American
is never going to meet a trans person and have the existential crisis of what pronoun to use. Nor will Trump prevent Hollywood from featuring black or lesbian characters in Star Wars or Marvel.

It’s a distraction while they commit mass transfer of wealth and quelle surprise, the less educated or politically aware fall for it hook line and sinker. If woke is your primary policy concern, you’re an idiot.

Correct, but as we have seen there are a lot of morons.

Like the idea you hate trans people and immigrants so much, you would prefer to feather the nests of the top 0.01%.

Then again it’s a failure of the Dems to not do enough to provide services for them, so many may think “ah I am ****ed either way economically, but I hate those people who aren’t like me!”

I thought the opposite on my recent trip to the US from a tourist point of view. LA is now horrible, San Fran is just a gross place to visit. The most unsafe and disgusting place I have ever seen.

Chicago I felt so unsafe and was lockdown in my hotel due to a shooting. The staff advise this happens a bit nowadays. With the crime and murder rate in Chicago I don't see how people keep voting the same Democrat people in power.

And even New York has diminished from my experiences.

Whereas the Southern states I visited had a much better and safer vibe.

Really? I’ve travelled the US extensively the past few years.

Chicago is prob my favourite city. Stay in River North or West Loop, never run into any trouble and every day/night is a good time. Same with Wrigleyville. I even made friends with a security guard from the ‘ghetto’ and kicked it with him for a day in his ‘hood’. Was good fun.

LA - well you either love or hate it, I like it. Enjoy the weather and certain parts of it - in particular Santa Monica. Once again didn’t feel unsafe as was sensible.

My best mate lives in SF so I have a great time there as he’s in a privileged little circle. Have spent the majority of the time hanging around The Mission area, Delores park etc. Only went to the CBD last and was actually surprised, it was pretty clean and nice. There’s certainly pockets that are testing though.

Nashville and Austin were unreal, would love to do more the south.

The blue/red states/cities thing is a bit of a myth imo. The cities you mentioned are just huge, so of course there’s going to be more crime, they just also happen to be blue.

Weird take, as I'm sure you know.

Another weird thing is comparing an actual planned assassination attempt by an obviously right-wing registered Republican and gun nut with a pretty definitely right wing father, to people in gotcha vox pops on right wing social media channels being egged into making jokes about missing Trump (before being more sincere about concern with political violence).
Oh yeah sure they were all egged on. Nah they were devestated at the miss.

CityStateViolent Crime Rate2024 PopulationDensity (mi²)
St. LouisMissouri2,082275,5061,723/mi²
DetroitMichigan2,057631,5241,757/mi²
BaltimoreMaryland2,027559,2662,667/mi²
MemphisTennessee2,003613,110799/mi²
Little RockArkansas1,634204,244655/mi²
MilwaukeeWisconsin1,597556,1112,232/mi²
RockfordIllinois1,588145,270862/mi²
ClevelandOhio1,557359,6061,786/mi²
StocktonCalifornia1,415319,0651,952/mi²
AlbuquerqueNew Mexico1,369558,7361,152/mi²
SpringfieldMissouri1,339170,525791/mi²
OaklandCalifornia1,299435,0243,001/mi²
AnchorageAlaska1,203284,46964/mi²
LansingMichigan1,136111,9641,103/mi²
New OrleansLouisiana1,121357,767815/mi²
MinneapolisMinnesota1,101423,2503,025/mi²
ChicagoIllinois1,0992,638,1594,471/mi²

Seems a pretty even spread
Red states clearly have higher homicide rates than blue states. Democrats say that lax Republican gun laws drive up murder; Republicans say that Democratic mishandling of policing and prosecution is what really matters.

As expected, after adjusting for social characteristics such as; the age, income, and racial composition of the region the red-blue difference disappears. Hence serious people advocate a greater effort studying and debating concrete policies, as opposed to figuring out which political party has the most violent constituents.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back