Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post just shows how uninformed you are. What a deplorable post. I suggest you educate yourself before you spread more misinformation.

Dementia is a specific neurodegenerative brain condition. It is absolutely not just part of normal ageing, there are varying subtypes all with differing neuropathology and symptoms.
One of the teams I manage is a specialized dementia assessment team, and my team sees the devastating impact of this diagnosis on individuals and their families everyday. It's not something to pretend you understand, or to make light of. Get educated (Not on your beloved X).

Start here:

https://www.dementia.org.au/ - Dementia Australia
https://www.dementia.com.au/ - Dementia Support Australia
As I said, it's a general term for a collection of issues with varying causes. Happy to concede that my definition is more a layman's view of general cognitive decline as we age, whereas yours is more of a medical view of a more serious decline.

"About dementia​

Dementia is not a single disease. It's an overall term to describe a collection of symptoms that one may experience if they are living with a variety of diseases, including Alzheimer's disease. Diseases grouped under the general term "dementia" are caused by abnormal brain changes. Dementia symptoms trigger a decline in thinking skills, also known as cognitive abilities, severe enough to impair daily life and independent function. They also affect behavior, feelings and relationships."

What i meant was, is there a requirement for a presidential candidate to have a 'naturally born' mother and or father in the US constituation?
No

I read up on it a few days ago and there is this movement that wants to include parents

But this is all thats required and Harris fills this requirement

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident ...

As I said, it's a general term for a collection of issues with varying causes. Happy to concede that my definition is more a layman's view of general cognitive decline as we age, whereas yours is more of a medical view of a more serious decline.

"About dementia​

Dementia is not a single disease. It's an overall term to describe a collection of symptoms that one may experience if they are living with a variety of diseases, including Alzheimer's disease. Diseases grouped under the general term "dementia" are caused by abnormal brain changes. Dementia symptoms trigger a decline in thinking skills, also known as cognitive abilities, severe enough to impair daily life and independent function. They also affect behavior, feelings and relationships."

You also said that ' Just about everyone his age has some degree of it'. That is simply not factual and has elements of ageism embedded in it.

I appreciate your concession. However, it's the over simplifying of conditions such as Dementia and other psychiatric and Neurocognitive conditions that contribute to stigmatization.

Think Barack Obama GIF by The Democrats

He was just nicked.

Until I see the hole in his flesh and can put my finger into his wound then I will not believe he to be the Messiah.

He’s not the Messiah. He’s just a naughty little boy.

(Biblical and Monty Python reference in one!)
I agree he was knicked but knicked by what?

I'm open to bullet or something else, I'd just like to see a proper report.

The fact that he won't release one leads me to believe he was hit by a fragment of something and not a bullet.

I agree he was knicked but knicked by what?

I'm open to bullet or something else, I'd just like to see a proper report.

The fact that he won't release one leads me to believe he was hit by a fragment of something and not a bullet.
Like his tax returns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You also said that ' Just about everyone his age has some degree of it'. That is simply not factual and has elements of ageism embedded in it.
Cognitive decline? Yes just about everyone does.

The beauty, and downfall, of SM is that everyone can find a post that concurs with their opinion. Thus inflating their opinion of themselves - they must be smart, surely that should lead to fame and riches. When that doesn’t occur (teachers, girls and bosses not concurring) they feel the ‘game of life’ is rigged. They certainly look upon anyone that has been succesful with a jaundiced eye.

The perpetually aggrieved are never going to be happy.

Perhaps the more important question is what counts as success?

Many people might think of Trump’s version of success. I think living in Trumps head would be a circle of Dante’s hell.

Yeah unfortunately the other fact is that Trump’s running mate is JD Vance, who is every bit as much an a-hole as his boss, a good deal smarter, is an astonishingly (by recent presidential standards) young 39 years of age, and so now, as Trump’s very likely successor, has kinda blunted the potential attacks on Trump’s age just when they might have really stung.

So assuming Kamala gets the endorsement, I think there will be an enormous amount riding on who she chooses as her running mate.

Any suggestions?

Yeah unfortunately the other fact is that Trump’s running mate is JD Vance, who is every bit as much an a-hole as his boss, a good deal smarter, is an astonishingly (by recent presidential standards) young 39 years of age, and so now, as Trump’s very likely successor, has kinda blunted the potential attacks on Trump’s age just when they might have really stung.

So assuming Kamala gets the endorsement, I think there will be an enormous amount riding on who she chooses as her running mate.

Any suggestions?
No suggestions

On your Vance blunts age attacks I'm not sure

People will point to his youth and naivety , his previous standing in Trump and his policy positions

Unless people are specifically referencing Trump dying in office its still Old Donny

No suggestions

On your Vance blunts age attacks I'm not sure

People will point to his youth and naivety , his previous standing in Trump and his policy positions

Unless people are specifically referencing Trump dying in office its still Old Donny
Hmm not sure. I hope I’m wrong and you’re right.

Ve vill see…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back