Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only he could manage to squander the poll-bounce FROM AN ATTEMPTED ASSASSINATION in the space of a fortnight purely by being himself
The timing of Biden endorsing Kamala was perfection. Put a sudden stop to the Trump hero myth post assassination attempt, if it even was, and filled the airwaves with Dem talking points. Total pivot.

And that wasn’t even his success. It was the Republicans. They put literal decades into smearing Hilary. Trump was just a useful idiot.
If they think they can try the same campaign as 2016, it wont work and isn't working.

There are a lot of different variables now, here are just some off the top of my head:

1. No smug disliked candidate (Hilary was hated by republicans and progressives were pissed off as Bernie didn't win)
2. Hilary led a terrible campaign (not visiting swing states). Complacent, just thought Trump would implode and they would win.
3. Public didn't know if Trump just said ridiculous things or would act on them. Now we clearly know.
4. Democrats back then were from this old "if they go low we go high" bs which respected decorum over and beyond, even articulating how the opposition were weirdos. Biden and his ilk would of reprimanded dems calling his "republican friends" weird.
5. Younger crew of dems (well anyone under the age of 65) seemingly seem unleashed and able to articulate proper points attacking the republicans.

Republicans have time to come up with some lines of attack, and surely they wlll come up with some attack lines which will stick to some degree, as they are flailing badly at the moment.

If they think they can try the same campaign as 2016, it wont work and isn't working.

There are a lot of different variables now, here are just some off the top of my head:

1. No smug disliked candidate (Hilary was hated by republicans and progressives were pissed off as Bernie didn't win)
2. Hilary led a terrible campaign (not visiting swing states). Complacent, just thought Trump would implode and they would win.
3. Public didn't know if Trump just said ridiculous things or would act on them. Now we clearly know.
4. Democrats back then were from this old "if they go low we go high" bs which respected decorum over and beyond, even articulating how the opposition were weirdos. Biden and his ilk would of reprimanded dems calling his "republican friends" weird.
5. Younger crew of dems (well anyone under the age of 65) seemingly seem unleashed and able to articulate proper points attacking the republicans.

Republicans have time to come up with some lines of attack, and surely they wlll come up with some attack lines which will stick to some degree, as they are flailing badly at the moment.
The attacks over the last couple of days or so seems to concentrate on the idea that KH is not black. This is being run on Fox, by GOP officials and lots of looney internet posters like Laura Looney. I could be wrong but I don't thinks it's going to get much traction.

The attacks over the last couple of days or so seems to concentrate on the idea that KH is not black. This is being run on Fox, by GOP officials and lots of looney internet posters like Laura Looney. I could be wrong but I don't thinks it's going to get much traction.
What's the latest attack?
Oh that's right, if you're a man you don't vote for a woman as President :rolleyes:
Lachlan Murdoch, I think, runs Fox.
Is this even real?
He tells these morons on Fox to say this, from his nice home in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney?

Oh that's right, if you're a man you don't vote for a woman as President :rolleyes:
Is this even real?
He tells these morons on Fox to say this, from his nice home in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney?
I dont agree with the direction he or his dad took but it gets clicks

Im sure if you got to know Lachlan ( I have no idea) he would come across as someone not even aware of colour but to sell papers and clicks

Is this even real?
That one about a man becoming a women if they vote for a woman is a cracker. I don't know who the moron is who said it but I did note he used an appeal to authority when he said it by starting with 'Scientist say.......' I'd really like to know which scientists said it, I suspect none. Typical of the lies that Pox News peddles. I don't know how he said it with a straight face but I guess if you're paid handsomely to lie I guess it becomes easy.

I dont agree with the direction he or his dad took but it gets clicks

Im sure if you got to know Lachlan ( I have no idea) he would come across as someone not even aware of colour but to sell papers and clicks
Not sure about that GC. Apparently Lachlan is more right wing than even his loathsome father.

That one about a man becoming a women if they vote for a woman is a cracker. I don't know who the moron is who said it but I did note he used an appeal to authority when he said it by starting with 'Scientist say.......' I'd really like to know which scientists said it, I suspect none. Typical of the lies that Pox News peddles. I don't know how he said it with a straight face but I guess if you're paid handsomely to lie I guess it becomes easy.

Standard operating procedures for Fox is to predicate a lie with “some say” or “experts say”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still just can’t get over how blindsided Trump’s team have been by Biden pulling out.

Despite the relentless mocking of Biden for being too old, it really doesn’t seem to have occurred to them that Biden might completely independently come to the same conclusion.

They don’t seem to have war-gamed that outcome at all.

Trump’s a goose, we all know that, but I had assumed the people running his bid were very smart operators indeed. (Complete and utter bastards, of course, but very smart operators.)

Seems the Kool-Aid got shared around a little too freely.

I still just can’t get over how blindsided Trump’s team have been by Biden pulling out.

Despite the relentless mocking of Biden for being too old, it really doesn’t seem to have occurred to them that Biden might completely independently come to the same conclusion.

They don’t seem to have war-gamed that outcome at all.

Trump’s a goose, we all know that, but I had assumed the people running his bid were very smart operators indeed. (Complete and utter bastards, of course, but very smart operators.)

Seems the Kool-Aid got shared around a little too freely.
Vance as Vice President is the best evidence of that. Anybody else would have selected someone that balanced the ticket as much as you can with Trump leading it but they doubled down on MAGA.

It is literally like they (GOP candidates + Fox News people) receive a memo daily;

Media game - put the words Kamala (standard mispronunciation), American, roots and constitution in a sentence and repeat. Best sentence wins a gold Trump superhero card. $45 to enter.

Maybe confused scientists with scientologists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back