Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all, also she comes across as patronising for mine, she's quite unlikeable.

Seems the way for women, if they come across as intelligent, it's patronising, if they dumb things down they're idiots.

A lot of people try to automatically leap to that, playing the "woman" card, well unless they're conservative of course.

Is it playing the 'woman' card if it's true?

Everyone claims they're just judging a person on their merits but it's funny how often the same criticisms come up for one gender and not the other.

Was Obama patronising?

If she was articulate I doubt her performance rating would be where it is.

Why?

She's the VP, she gets given the shit jobs and stuck behind the scenes a lot of the time. Can you name a VP who had a strong approval rating while in office?

Is it playing the 'woman' card if it's true?

Everyone claims they're just judging a person on their merits but it's funny how often the same criticisms come up for one gender and not the other.

Was Obama patronising?

I didn't find Obama patronising, no. I mean you're not exactly comparing apples to apples here, Obama was an elite communicator, better than any politician I can think of really.

Really hard to have a discussion about Harris' merits if anything negative is perceived as being because of her gender.

I didn't find Obama patronising, no. I mean you're not exactly comparing apples to apples here, Obama was an elite communicator, better than any politician I can think of really.

Really hard to have a discussion about Harris' merits if anything negative is perceived as being because of her gender.
This last line is true. But you've used opinion polls about Harris to validate your opinion, but Harris is only a couple of points different to Obama (within the margin of error) at the same time before their first election.

So you've still not really indicated what you don't like about Harris "polls agree with me" isn't a good enough argument.

This last line is true. But you've used opinion polls about Harris to validate your opinion, but Harris is only a couple of points different to Obama (within the margin of error) at the same time before their first election.

So you've still not really indicated what you don't like about Harris "polls agree with me" isn't a good enough argument.

I said she comes across as patronising to me earlier. I did mention opinion polls as well but didn't use this to justify how she comes across to me I don't believe.

If you asking for evidence on why I think this well it's just a feeling I guess, like my feeling that Obama is an elite communicator, I could find YT vids to support these thoughts I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really sure it's about 'anything negative' being because she's a woman, but more the way people read into her persona/delivery.

The performance as VP thing is a furphy.

Beyond name recognition, the position has no advantage in a general election.
I mostly agree and the approval ratings that continue to get spouted are a tag along with Biden

But good VPs can elevate themselves wile in office bad ones stand out more

I think personally Harris has been ok without standing out

I mostly agree and the approval ratings that continue to get spouted are a tag along with Biden

But good VPs can elevate themselves wile in office bad ones stand out more

I think personally Harris has been ok without standing out
can she spell potato?

I said she comes across as patronising to me earlier. I did mention opinion polls as well but didn't use this to justify how she comes across to me I don't believe.

If you asking for evidence on why I think this well it's just a feeling I guess, like my feeling that Obama is an elite communicator, I could find YT vids to support these thoughts I guess.
Ahahaha, yeah how’d you come to that conclusion all by yourself and those feel feels?
Ahahaha
Jeez no one thought of that before?!
😆😆😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back