Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

I was refuting the claim that she wasn't a DEI appointment. Biden clearly said she was.

A line the conservative media around the world wants to push as a slur at any point a non-European gets some sort of power. Undermine their actual experience and record with a sneering dismissal and get some attention for themselves.

Might want to check out her career prior to being VP, she was quite qualified. Being a woman of colour might have been part of the reason she appealed, but plenty of white men have been hired on the basis of being white and a man and I'm pretty certain you've never made comment on that.

Hell the guy the GOP is running wasn't in any way qualified to be POTUS. He's just some old rich dude who grew up rich and inherited most of his money.
And has done a good job of trying to lose a lot of it. Is quite amazing that when a woman of colour or for that matter, anyone from a position that isn't white middle aged / older male is put into a position the familiar cry of "they are just a puppet, it's only because..." but when an actor or a celebrity or a sportsman is put up none of this is levelled at them. It is hypocrisy 101.

Now the right are becrying the death of democracy from the Dems bc they have (or will) install a nominee that hasn't been elected within their party through what are seen as the normal processes. Gee whiz there seems like a lot of concern in the GOP about a person who apparently is stupid, unelectable and has a laugh that irritates (which is much better than looking at a bloke who looks like he's got a half moon for a mouth and jaw. At least she hasn't painted herself brown, unlike her opponent who isn't happy with his skin colour).

A line the conservative media around the world wants to push as a slur at any point a non-European gets some sort of power. Undermine their actual experience and record with a sneering dismissal and get some attention for themselves.
What's wrong with being a DEI appointment if it's such a good idea? There must be many who have benefited, and why shouldn't they?

However, it's on the decline.

Might want to check out her career prior to being VP, she was quite qualified. Being a woman of colour might have been part of the reason she appealed, but plenty of white men have been hired on the basis of being white and a man and I'm pretty certain you've never made comment on that.

Hell the guy the GOP is running wasn't in any way qualified to be POTUS. He's just some old rich dude who grew up rich and inherited most of his money.
Here's one: Kamala's intent on naming a young, white male as running mate.

Her incessant cackling is cringe worthy and not once has she tackled any issues at hand, she laughs her way out of everything because she doesn't have a clue about any of them. She's from California, the worst run state in America. I can't stand her and nobody can understand a thing she is saying. Her immigration work has been abysmal and her strong environmentalism will be an obstacle to winning a number of working-class votes and people are getting sick of it. Employment, energy bills, food and a roof over their heads takes precedence over her crazy ideology.
She has no experience on the world stage, Putin Xi and Netanyahu will eat her alive. She will need Blinken more than ever now, she has said while the U.S. "does not invite conflict" with China, "we absolutely are prepared too and engaged in what is necessary to compete" What is she going to do, send over the 11 carriers at once and tell China to stop being naughty boys?
The pathological hatred of Trump has lefties believing anybody would be better, but if Harris wins and she is a good chance, we're all in trouble, nothing will be better, it will get far worse. The youth of America has been brainwashed and there are those so blinded by anything to do with Trump they actually believe the assassination attempt was staged?
If Harris wins, the fall of the American empire is imminent, she is completely out of her depth here. America will still survive, but it will no longer be the champion of the free world. Whoever will be pulling the strings has their work cut out for them.
I'm sorry if I have triggered you.

There's some elements of legitimate topics here (barely), but I cbf sorting through the wall of text, mostly partisan or unfounded opinion, especially when the alternative candidate is worse on everything.

What's wrong with being a DEI appointment if it's such a good idea? There must be many who have benefited, and why shouldn't they?
You know how you were using the term. Don't try and cover for it after the fact.

At least she knows who Gen Z are and she knows the significance of the passage of time, i feel so unburdened by what has been. Her cackling is only a cover up for her incompetence .
Well we've got a choice, it's her or the other.

I'd comfortably take cackling and incompetence over the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was not. Someone said she wasn't a DEI appointment. I showed evidence she was. Why is it a slur?
Chill, dude.

I do enjoy when people call things like this out, what you're using very specific language for very specific reasons, you pretend you didn't and weren't.

At least own your views.

I was not. Someone said she wasn't a DEI appointment. I showed evidence she was. Why is it a slur?
Chill, dude.

You're trying to soften what you said:

She was a DEI hire.

Probably realised how bad it sounded given how often it is used as a substitute for other, more bannable slurs.

I do enjoy when people call things like this out, what you're using very specific language for very specific reasons, you pretend you didn't and weren't.

At least own your views.
My view is that DEI was intended to and has had helpful consequences, but down the line less helpful consequences have emerged. I'm in favour of merit overriding it. And companies, universities and so on are beginning to walk it back.

You're trying to soften what you said:

Probably realised how bad it sounded given how often it is used as a substitute for other, more bannable slurs.
I should obviously have emphasised the was in my contradiction to the person who said she wasn't a DEI hire. Please reread the exchange.

House Republican leaders told lawmakers to focus on criticizing Vice President Kamala Harris’ record without reference to her race and gender, following caustic remarks from some Republicans attacking her on the basis of identity.

During a closed-door meeting Tuesday morning, chair of the House GOP campaign arm Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) and others issued the warning after a series of comments by their members that focused on Harris’ race as well as claims she is a “DEI” pick, according to two people in the room.

Last edited:
companies, universities and so on are beginning to walk it back.
As an aside, no. They're changing their approaches and terminology.

The goal remains the same.

Some are all talk for soft targets and personal bonuses, but that doesn't make the goal less worthwhile and valuable to society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back