Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, so Republicans that have been telling us for the past few years that Biden has dementia and is unfit, are now all of a sudden shocked and dumbfound that he dropped out of the re-election race?

Performative rubbish
No they're saying that if he cant run again he should resign.

You don't want answers to why Joe less than a week before pulling out of the race Joe said he wasn't and was fit to lead? Was he pushed? If so, who was behind it? He says he's all for democracy but he just did one of the most undemocratic things you can do and denied thevoters a say?
Fit to be president, bad candidate to campaign and communicate.

Biden is stubborn, so needed some pushing and the vast majority of Democrats are relieved, rather than complaining about the faux primary they had.

The Republicans can answer truthfully as to why they support the overturning of presidential elections and denying the votes of over 80 million, effectively the creation of a one party state at the executive level, before the Dems need to justify their primary/withdrawal process.

No they're saying that if he cant run again he should resign.
Why?

Let’s say I’m nearing the end of my current four year employment contract in November but just found out I have terminal cancer and 18 months to live.

At the moment I feel well enough to do my job but I know I won’t be able to complete another four year contract, which is the only offer on the table.

Should I resign from my job now, even though I’m capable of working out the next six months?

Why? He's got another 6 months in him, but not another 4 years. That's fair enough.
Of course it is, it's a perfect logical position to adopt.

But the Republicans' stance on this isn't determined by logic or common sense, it's determined solely by what they believe to be politically advantageous to them.

Why? He's got another 6 months in him, but not another 4 years. That's fair enough.
But he said that he would see out his term less than a week before he resigned.

You guys crap on about threats to democracy but are very forgiving when it actually is circumvented. How unsurprising.

You guys crap on about threats to democracy but are very forgiving when it actually is circumvented. How unsurprising.
He withdrew from the next Presidential election race, not resigned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s no threat to democracy.

If the American public don’t feel comfortable with the process, they are entitled to vote for the alternative candidates in the general election.

Yes, well he is seeing out his term. Perhaps when he caught Covid he had a chance to reflect that he wasn't up to months of campaigning after all. Illness can clear the mind, as well as wearing you out.

I'm not sure what the argument is here. It eventually became apparent to Biden that he was going to lose to Trump. Obviously not lacking self-awareness, in order to give us all a chance at avoiding that outcome he chose to step aside from being the Dems' candidate. The end.
The argument is that it's the Dems doing something that improves their chances against Trump, and I don't like it.

I'm not sure what the argument is here. It eventually became apparent to Biden that he was going to lose to Trump. Obviously not lacking self-awareness, in order to give us all a chance at avoiding that outcome he chose to step aside from being the Dems' candidate. The end.

You make it sound like he came to that decision on his own lol.

he was told quite plainly to get the **** out of the way.

Democratic voters desperately wanted a different candidate other than Biden. That much is apparent from their reaction to being presented with a new option in Kamala.

There should've been contested primaries. Biden clearly wasn't fit and they should've had a proper process to choose his successor. But it's absurd to say that he should stay because it's obviously what the people wanted, and is pretty bloody sooky from conservatives who are suddenly panicking that this election's not going to be a walkover for them anymore, especially after they’d spent months saying Biden should drop out.

You don't want answers to why Joe less than a week before pulling out of the race Joe said he wasn't and was fit to lead? Was he pushed? If so, who was behind it? He says he's all for democracy but he just did one of the most undemocratic things you can do and denied thevoters a say?
Jesus christ dude :tearsofjoy:

Politician lies and is delusional about his fitness for office, more at 11. Trump's been telling us he's fit to lead as well, since 2015 :drunk:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back