Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

considering Biden was paying $11 to win to Trump $1.50, before Biden pulled out.
I'm not a gambling man but it only takes incredibly basic knowledge of betting markets to know that these figures were either: a) pulled out of your ass, or b) once it was clear he wouldn't be the candidate, thereby making them irrelevant. Actual polling showed the popular vote was much closer to even.

But that's all irrelevant anyway. Everyone's reasons are different, but you specifically said you'd take a man who called for the hanging of his former VP for doing the bare minimum to uphold America's democracy over Biden because you perceived him as inept. That's a seriously cooked take.

Doesn't matter what i want. I'm not American and I'm not voting.

The truth is Trump was a walk-in over Biden. Americans generally would rather Trumps lunacy, over Bidens dementia.

Kamala has a lot of ground to make up now and is on the backfoot thanks to Biden. Good luck to her.
You signalled a personal preference for Trump, his anti-democratic actions included, over Biden.

Then tried to relate it to betting markets for some reason.

Why?

Let’s say I’m nearing the end of my current four year employment contract in November but just found out I have terminal cancer and 18 months to live.

At the moment I feel well enough to do my job but I know I won’t be able to complete another four year contract, which is the only offer on the table.

Should I resign from my job now, even though I’m capable of working out the next six months?

Resign and enjoy the rest of your time (assuming the doctors are right). 18 months will fly, so don't waste 6 months of it working.

You signalled a personal preference for Trump, his anti-democratic actions included, over Biden.

HTW has no moral compass of his own. He lets the courts / voters decide what he thinks. He just happens to find himself arguing things in support of; Bruce Lehrmann, Donald Trump, Israel.

Doesn't matter what i want. I'm not American and I'm not voting.

The truth is Trump was a walk-in over Biden. Americans generally would rather Trumps lunacy, over Bidens dementia.

Kamala has a lot of ground to make up now and is on the backfoot thanks to Biden. Good luck to her.
Initially polling suggests that she has little, if any ground, to make up. Hell even the polls before Sleepy Joe pulled out were favourable to Harris.

Now Dementia Don and the Regressives are losing their shit because an educated woman is about to take them to town.
Wonder what excuses he will have to avoid debates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not disagreeing the technicality of removing a president.

but as part of the oath of office which is;

View attachment 2058239

There is no way in good faith, Biden could have said those words again, and he should have removed himself.

if Biden genuinely cared about the office and the constitution, he would have pulled out of the race ages ago, to give the next candidate the best chance. All his done is make the democrats look inept, and they are on the back foot. They have a lot of ground to make up on Trump.
Sure- but that’s why Harris was the obvious choice- everyone knows her already and she’s been in the vice job for several years. So the uptake from the public will probably be pretty quick. And I’d have thought that apart from the sulky republicans, plenty of people will be pleased and see this as a necessary yet refreshing move.

You don't want answers to why Joe less than a week before pulling out of the race Joe said he wasn't and was fit to lead? Was he pushed? If so, who was behind it? He says he's all for democracy but he just did one of the most undemocratic things you can do and denied thevoters a say?

Nice trolling, post stupid bad faith argument to just keep some dumb talking point which makes no sense going.

Then when pointed out how dumb your point is you will claim it was all joke to “own the left”

Why?

Can he not think he'll be able to do the job for the next for the next 6 months but not for the next 4 years?

As if the above isn't the most obvious thing in the world and was to Republicans as well (right up until the instant he decided to pull out apparently lol)

If Biden resigned and Kamela was president tomorrow they’d whinge about that too.

Hirdy trying his trick of being the enlightened both sides centrist here as he does in the Israel/palestine thread, mask comes off pretty quick.

HTW has no moral compass of his own. He lets the courts / voters decide what he thinks. He just happens to find himself arguing things in support of; Bruce Lehrmann, Donald Trump, Israel.

Courts decisions don’t factor in re Trump considering he is a convicted felon.

But yeah HTW just a conservative who is either dumb and thinks he’s a centrist, or embarrassed about his right wing leanings.

View attachment 2058239

There is no way in good faith, Biden could have said those words again, and he should have removed himself.

if Biden genuinely cared about the office and the constitution, he would have pulled out of the race ages ago, to give the next candidate the best chance. All his done is make the democrats look inept, and they are on the back foot. They have a lot of ground to make up on Trump.
So, given Trump cannot, in good faith, swear the part of the oath you've selected here, why did you say you personally prefer him over Biden?

View attachment 2058239

The Democrats dont run Primaries based on the Constitution nor does the Constitution tell either Party how to choose their nominee

Im amazed BF has so many Constitutional lawyers all of a sudden

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back